Copycat Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken is a great easy recipe to make at home. This easy chicken dinner is packed with flavor and tastes amazing.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
I love making Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Casserole at home. Our closest Cracker Barrel is over an hour away in Couer d Alene, Idaho.
We try to get there as often as we can but it takes some planning to drive an hour for a meal. We started making Cracker Barrel dishes at home to save on gas money and time. It has been so much fun making copycat recipes and enjoying them while relaxing at home.
I made this broccoli cheddar chicken casserole as one of the meals we are taking over to my husband's mom and grandmother each week. I am trying to bring over a variety of meals each week so they have something fun and new to enjoy. My husband's grandmother is 93 and loves casseroles and veggies so this recipe was absolutely perfect.
How can you go wrong with chicken and broccoli covered in a cheese sauce? Honestly, if that is wrong I don't want to know what is right. HA!
- Chicken Breast
- Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Ritz Crackers
- Broccoli, Frozen
- Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Seasoned Salt
Chicken Breast - I use medium size chicken breast for this recipe. If you use a larger chicken breast you may need to add baking time.
Cheddar Cheese - freshly shredded cheddar cheese will melt nicer than pre-cut packaged cheddar cheese. If you have time I highly suggest shredding your own cheddar cheese.
Ritz Crackers - You can use Ritz or any butter cracker that you have.
Casserole Dish - I use a 9x13 casserole baking dish for this recipe.
Meat thermometer - Chicken should be 165 degrees. Make sure to check chicken before serving.
Spread the chicken out in the casserole dish so the cheddar soup mixture can surround each piece of chicken.
Spread broccoli around the chicken.
Melt the butter and combine it with Ritz Cracker pieces. Cover the chicken casserole with ritz cracker mixture evenly.
Cover everything with the remaining cheddar cheese soup mix and bake.
Remove from the oven
Sprinkle with cheddar cheese over the top. Allow chicken to melt before serving.
Don't forget to preheat the oven to 350 degrees
This is a really filling dish. We served it with a small side salad and some rolls to soak up all the cheddar cheese soup on the plate.
Great Copycat Recipes
Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cheddar cheese soup and milk according to the soup container. Heat the soup and stir to make sure it is combined.
- Place chicken breast in casserole dish evenly spread out. Season with salt.
- Pour ¾ of the soup mixture over the chicken breast. Top with frozen broccoli.
- Combine Ritz Crackers with melted butter and stir to combine. Pour cracker mixture over chicken and soup. Top crackers with remaining cheddar cheese soup.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until chicken is done. Timing will depend on the size of chicken breasts.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.