The slow cooker does all the work and you get an amazing side dish!
I am on a mission to ditch a few of the kitchen appliances we seem to have collected over the years. I started compiling them in one area of the kitchen and let’s just say there were A LOT more than I realized I had. So now I am planning on getting rid of the random rice cooker we haven’t used and just making rice in the crock pot from now on.
If only the crock pot would make margaritas. For some reason I had 3 blenders….hmm
Crock Pot Rice Recipe
2 Cups Rice
4 Cups Water or Stock
2 Tbsp Butter
1 tsp Salt
1. Pour rice into the slow cooker bowl
2. Pour the stock or water over the rice. Stock would be a nicer choice as it would add some extra flavor to the rice. You can also choose to add seasonings and herbs if you are only using water.
3. Add the butter and salt to the water.
4. Cover and cook on high for approximately 2 hours.
5. Check the progress from 1.5 hours on, so that you can stop the cooking when it gets to the desired texture that you prefer.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes