Hello yum! This Slow Cooker Crock Pot Cashew Chicken Recipe is delicious! This Asian inspired slow cooker recipe tastes amazing and is so easy to make!
Crockpot Cashew Chicken
We have been trying new recipes this past month and pushing ourselves to try new things. I am not sure why I put off making Asian inspired recipes in the crockpot but now that I have it is on like Donkey Kong....ok that was totally cheesy! 🙂
I am on a mission to try new ingredients and ideas for the crockpot. I love making everything I possibly can in the crockpot. We have over 160 crock pot recipes on the blog! They are definitely one of my favorite things to make. I can't believe we have now topped over 750 recipes on the blog now.
I love that you can have Chinese takeout at home with this recipe. This slow cooker cashew chicken is a great recipe that is thankfully super easy to make. Skip the trip to the Chinese Restaurant and make your favorite dish at home.
Do you have a favorite recipe we have shared?
A few favorite recipes to check out... Slow Cooker Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe. It makes it worth it to eat Broccoli which I have managed to misspell 4 times as I type this out.
Crock Pot Cashew Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for Crock Pot Cashew Chicken
- Chicken Breasts
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
Cashew Chicken Sauce
- Soy sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Chili flakes
- Sesame oil
- Rice Vinegar
The ginger and red pepper chili flakes can be halved if you are not a fan of these full flavors. Add in water chestnuts or bell peppers if you want even more flavor.
Serve with rice. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker - We use either the Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart for most of our crockpot recipes
Saucepan - The saucepan is used to thicken the sauce.
Great Crockpot Chicken Recipes
We hope you enjoy this slow cooker crockpot Cashew Chicken! It is a great family dinner and so easy to make.
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 1 T Cornstarch
- 1 T Water
- Combine chicken, onions, celery, carrots, olive oil, 1 tbsp soy sauce and salt and pepper together and put into the slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 -3 hours.
- Remove the contents of the cooker and reserve any cooking juices that have accumulated on the bottom of the cooker.
- Return the chicken mixture back to the cooker.
- In a bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the Thickener ingredients (cornstarch and water). Mix until very well combined.
- In a saucepan, combine the sauce and the cooking juices together. Stir well and heat to boiling. Add the thickener, slowly by the tablespoon and stir until it thickens.
- Add the whole mixture to the cooker and stir to coat. Add the cup of cashews, stir and continue to cook for another 30 minutes.
This Crock Pot Cashew Chicken was originally shared on January 18, 2016. Updated on March 25, 2020