These Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars also are known as Buckeye Bars are the perfect mix of peanut butter and chocolate brownie! I love bringing these chocolate peanut butter bars to events, holiday parties, or making them when we want a delicious family dessert.
I also love how easy this recipe is to make! You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already! The base is a chocolate brownie mix! So easy to whip up this delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie Bar recipe!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Whenever I think about Buckeye Bars they remind me of my Grandfather cheering on Ohio State Football. I decided to make this recipe in honor of my late Grandfather and his love of Ohio and Ohio State. My Grandfather was a devout Ohio State Fan. He went to school at OSU and kept his Varsity O for the rifle team over his desk. Watching the OSU games was a treat when we went to visit my grandparents in Ohio. We got to see my Grandfather let loose and avidly cheer on his team.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Buckeye Bars are seriously delicious! I mean melt in your mouth please can I have another delicious. I am not just saying that because I made them they really are that good.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Buckeye Bars
Ingredients needed to make Buckeye Bars
1 brownie mix, 19.5oz
1/3 cup cooking oil
1 cup chopped peanuts
1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz
1/2 cup peanut butter
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly grease a 13x9x2 baking pan
1. Combine brownie mix, eggs and oil in a large bowl, beat with an electric mixture until combined
2. Stir in peanuts
3. Remove half the brownie mix and set aside
4. Spread remaining brownie mixture evenly into prepared pan
5. Whisk together sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth
6. Spread evenly over brownie mixture in pan
7. Separate the remaining brownie mixture into pieces, flatten them with your finger and place them on top of brownie mixture in the pan, spread them out so they are randomly covering the peanut butter.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is set and edges are slightly brown
9. Cut into bars
Easy to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars also known as Buckeye Bars. These bars are made with a brownie base and peanut butter to make them oh so delicious
- 1 box brownie mix 19.5oz
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
Combine brownie mix, eggs and oil in a large bowl, beat with an electric mixture until combined
Remove half the brownie mix and set aside
Spread remaining brownie mix evenly into prepared pan
Whisk together sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth
Spread evenly over brownie mixture in pan
Separate the remaining brownie mixture into pieces, flatten them with your finger or a spoon and place them on top of brownie mixture in the pan, spread them out so they are randomly covering the peanut butter.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is set and edges are slightly brown
Cut into bars