OH MY YUM! Classic Chocolate Brownies from Scratch Recipe for the win! There truly is nothing better than a piece of warm chocolate brownie! Add a bit of vanilla bean ice cream and I might shed a happy tear!
Classic Chocolate Brownies from Scratch Recipe
You can't go wrong with a plate of classic chocolate brownies made from scratch! These are pure chocolate goodness!
I love that you can add in toppings if you want or just stick to the classic chocolate taste.
Do you like a centerpiece or the crusty edge piece when it comes to brownies? I am all in for the crusty chewy edge piece whenever I can get it.
My husband bought me a Brownie Pan a few years ago that turns the entire pan into edge pieces and I might have swooned.
- Unsweetened Cocoa
- Vegetables Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
Optional topping for brownies includes powdered sugar, chocolate chips, powdered sugar + milk glaze, chocolate syrup, caramel, and butterscotch chips.
Great Brownie Recipes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Classic Scratch Made Chocolate Brownie Recipe
- ⅓ Cup Butter softened
- ⅓ Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar. Add in the cocoa, vanilla, vegetable oil, and eggs and mix well. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt last. Mix until well combined and so no lumps remain.
- Spread the batter into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean. Let the brownies cool before cutting.
- Optional topping for brownies include: powdered sugar, chocolate chips, powdered sugar + milk glaze, chocolate syrup, caramel, and butterscotch chips.
Recipe originally shared on May 8, 2015. Updated December 2020
I can't wait to try this! Believe it or not, I've only ever made brownies out of a box.
Great recipe! These look very moist! #yum!
I love really moist and soft brownies. My MOm would love it with the powdered sugar on top.
Oh my goodness! I'm seriously going to have to make these brownies for my chocolate loving husband. Tonight! Happy chocolate brownie Father's Day to my man!!
Mom used to make them from scratch, but sadly my best have come from a box. Have to give homemade another try.
Josie - Eat Thrive Glow
This brownie looks delicious and decadent! Now I'm craving chocolate!
These look delicious. I usually use a boxed mix for brownies, but I should try to make them from scratch.