How cute are these Halloween Owl Pretzels perfect for Halloween!
Halloween Owl Pretzels
I just love fun Halloween treats. We are trying to share as many Halloween treats as we possibly can this year. They are just so much fun to make and so dang cute.
I love a great Halloween treat spread that makes you smile and soothes your sweet tooth. Not that there is a problem getting a hold of sweets at Halloween.
Maybe I should make a few Halloween treats that are fruit and veggie-based...hmm! Any suggestions?
Our goal this year is to share a ton of new Halloween Recipes! It feels like the perfect time to go big for Halloween.
We have been deep diving in to Pumpkin Recipes and cute spooky Halloween treats.
- Tiny twists pretzels
- Ghirardelli chocolate wafers
- Mini Chocolate chips
- Candy eyes
- Golden Yellow royal icing
Royal Icing Ingredients
- Egg whites
- Powdered sugar
- Cream of tartar
- Golden yellow gel food coloring
Large Mixing Bowl - You want to use a bowl that is deep enough for the pretzels to fully dip in the chocolate.
Candy Dipper - You want to use something to dip the pretzels into the candy melt and remove them easily.
Parchment Paper - I love that I can use parchment paper to help make it easier to remove the Chocolate Owls. They also make clean-up a breeze.
Baking Sheets - We are huge fans of these baking sheets with sides.
We love how cute these Halloween Owl Pretzels look when you put them out on a Halloween platter for Halloween Parties.
They would also be great for Harry Potter Parties. You can easily change from dark chocolate to white chocolate if you would prefer to do white owl pretzels.
You can also use candy corn for the beak instead of royal icing if you want to make it a little easier or have kids help make them.
Great Halloween Recipes
Check out all of our Halloween Ideas
- Combine all ingredients except the food coloring in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- If icing is not stiff enough add ¼ C powder sugar.
- Spoon the icing into a bowl.
- Add several drops of golden yellow gel food coloring in the large bowl of icing. Stir well to mix the color.
- Spoon the icing into a pastry bag with a small tip.
Chocolate Pretzel Directions
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a double boiler place the chocolate wafers in the top pot. Watch carefully as the chocolate wafers begin to melt.
- When the chocolate wafers have melted dip the pretzels into it. Immediately after placing them on the parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- While the chocolate covered pretzel is still hot add the mini chocolate chips for the ears and the candy eyes for the owl eyes.
- Allow the chocolate covered pretzel to cool.
- Now using the golden yellow icing draw a triangle going over it again to outline the triangle then fill it in with more of the golden yellow icing.
Recipe originally shared on October 11, 2015. Updated October 2020.