I love fun Halloween recipes!
They are so great to make and everyone loves them. Today we are sharing these cute not so scary Frankenstein treats perfect for Halloween.
I know we are still over a month away but I figure if we start planning now than Halloween won’t be quite so crazy! I still need to figure out what we are going to do for Halloween. I am not sure if we will be home or not. We are working on some upcoming travel plans and I don’t know if they will be over Halloween. It would be fun to dress up while traveling. I can only imagine what airport security sees during the weeks leading up to Halloween.
Do you dress up for Halloween? Have you ever dressed up while traveling?
Frankenstein Treats perfect for Halloween!
Snack cakes of your choice ( Twinkies, Sara Lee Devil’s Food Creme Cakes.)
Semi-Sweet Chocolate or Candy Cocoa Melts
Green Sixlets (You can find these online or at Walmart)
Small Candy Eyes
Black Decorating Gel (You can find this online or at most major grocery stores)
- Put a sheet of parchment paper down on your counter. You will also want to open the candies and put them in their own bowl. This is a simple project, but it’s easiest to have it in an assembly line order.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a bowl according to the package’s instructions.
- Unwrap the snack cakes.
- Start with the hair. Dip one end of the snack cakes into the semi-sweet chocolates. For Frankenstein, we just dipped the ends. For the Brides of Frankenstein, we dipped about half of the snack cake in the semi-sweet chocolate. You may need a knife to help spread the chocolate.
- Lay the cakes on the parchment paper to allow to harden.
- Melt the green candy wafers according to package instructions into a bowl.
- Once the hair has hardenened, you will dip the opposite corner in the green mix.
- Using the decorating gel, attach two eyes on each snack.
- Dip a Sixlet in the green candy melts and attach the nose on each snack.
- Use the decorating gel to create a smile, eye lashes or scar marks on your Frankensteins.
- For the Bride of Frankenstein, use a drawing tip or a ribbon tip and make some waves with white frosting on her hair.
These would make great Halloween Treats. You can package them in these party bags!