Today we are sharing how to make Mummy Cake Pops perfect for Halloween!
Mummy Cake Pops
I love Halloween treats! I have so many great recipes I can't wait to share with you leading up to Halloween. There is just something so fun about making sweet treats that make Halloween one of my favorite times of the year.
Do you dress up for Halloween or throw a party? I think we will be traveling this year so we are going to celebrate while traveling.
Last year we celebrated Halloween in Amsterdam. We had planned to go out and explore the city and see how they celebrated but jet lag kicked in and we woke up the next day. Oops!
We did get to enjoy a couple of themed cocktails at the hotel and watch a few people before we crashed which was nice. This year I am hoping we can really enjoy Halloween.
Yields: 40 cake balls
- White chocolate chips
- White cake mix (plus required ingredients)
- Vanilla or cream cheese frosting
- Black gel writing frosting
Paper straws or lollipop sticks
Large Mixing Bowl - We are big fans of this glass batter bowl that has a handle. It makes it easy to mix ingredients and keeps the mixing bowl steady on the counter.
Heat resistant potholders - A couple of years ago we had a fire scare when we didn't realize we had turned a burner on and a cloth potholder caught fire. Thankfully we walked by the kitchen and saw the smoke and were able to get it out ourselves. Since then we have only used these heat-resistant potholders.
Parchment Paper - I love that I can use parchment paper to help make it easier to clean up.
Baking Sheets - We are huge fans of these baking sheets with sides.
Great Halloween Articles
How to make Mummy Cake Pops
- Prepare and bake cake as directed on the box. Let cool completely.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly. You may do this using your hands or an electric mixer.
- Roll mixture into 1” balls. Place a paper straw or lollipop stick at the top of each cake ball. Chill in the refrigerator for approximately 1 hour (or freezer for 30 minutes).
- Melt white chocolate chips as directed on the packaging.
- Hold the cake ball by the stick and place into white chocolate. Use a fork to completely coat outside and help to lift it out of the chocolate.
- Hold the ball over the bowl by the stick, and dip the fork into white chocolate – drizzling back and forth in a criss-cross pattern on the entire outside of the cake ball.
- After the chocolate has hardened, use black gel writing frosting to draw on two eyes.
- Hand Mixer
- Parchment Paper
Mummy Cake Pops Recipe originally shared on October 27, 2015. Updated October 2020.