Earlier this year we found out that John has diverticulitis and can’t have nuts or seeds anymore. One of his favorite things is granola bars and granola. Sadly most of the varieties we find include nuts or seeds. I decided to make a version for him that he can enjoy and not have to worry about getting sick.
This Crock Pot Honey Granola with Dried Fruit Recipe is pretty darn easy to make and tastes crazy good! I made a huge batch of it and it disappeared so quickly. I flew out for a couple of days and came home to John asking if there was more granola.
I am now making up multiple batches at a time so John has them while I travel. Randomly I have been using leftover gelato containers to store the granola in and they work great. The perfect reason to enjoy a bit of gelato…just for the containers. It seems like the perfect reason to me 🙂
This Crock Pot Honey Granola is also a great back to school snack. It travels nicely so you don’t have to worry about it melting before your kids enjoy it. I went to Safeway and picked up great O Organic products to put this together.
O Organics offers a wide assortment of delicious organic products, all certified to the highest organic standard. The O Organics brand (available exclusively at Albertsons Safeway stores) has over 400 product offerings for every occasion. You can find O Organics at both Safeway and Albertsons stores.
Crock Pot Honey Granola with dried fruit recipe
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup honey
1 cup dried pineapple, chopped
1 cup dried berries
1 cup raisins
other add-ins could include dried bananas, dried
1. Combine oats, coconut and salt in the crock pot
2. Whisk in oil and honey until oats are coated
3. Cook on high for 2 hours, stir ever 20 minutes
4. Remove oats from crock pot and spread out on cookie sheets, allow to cool
5. Combine with pineapple, berries, and raisins
Check out this video from Safeway on how to make Strawberry Lemonade Fruit Leather. It looks so good!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of O Organics. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup dried berries
- 1 cup raisins
- other add-ins could include dried bananas, dried
- Combine oats, coconut and salt in the crock pot
- Whisk in oil and honey until oats are coated
- Cook on high for 2 hours, stir ever 20 minutes
- Remove oats from crock pot and spread out on cookie sheets, allow to cool
- Combine with pineapple, berries, and raisins