I am so excited to share this Easy Cheesy Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe! I don’t know about you but life seems a bit hectic and crazy right now. I am always trying to make dinner as quickly as I possibly can before we head out to do something else.
We are still trying to soak up as many warm nights outside as we possibly can before the weather turns ugly. As much as I love sweaters and chai tea weather I also love spending time outside by the fireplace.
This chicken pasta casserole is delish and perfect for any night of the week. It doesn’t take a ton of time to make and the family will love it. You can easily add in more veggies if you want! Broccoli would taste amazing in this.
Easy Cheesy Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe
2 cups chicken, cut into cubes
3 Cups cheddar, shredded
1 jar Alfredo sauce
2Cups spinach, fresh, cut into strips
½ onion, small, diced
4 pieces cooked bacon, diced
8 oz. pasta (any type you prefer)
1. In a large pot, cook the pasta til al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large frying pan, sauté the onions with the butter until soft.
3. Add the bacon and leftover chicken. Mix well and warm through.
4. Add the spinach and sauté until it begins to wilt.
5. Add the Alfredo sauce and combine well.
Preheat the oven to 350
6. Add the pasta to the frying pan and mix until all ingredients are combined well and covered with sauce.
7. Spray a baking dish and begin the assembly.
8. Place half the chicken and pasta mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
9. Sprinkle with 1 ½ C of cheese.
10. Layer the remaining chicken and pasta mixture and then sprinkle with the remaining 1 ½ Cup of cheese.
11. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the cheese on top is nice and melted.
12. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.