I am so excited to share this Easy Cheesy Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe! I don't know about you but life seems a bit hectic and crazy right now. I am always trying to make dinner as quickly as I possibly can.
Chicken Pasta Casserole
We are still trying to soak up as many warm nights outside as we possibly can before the weather turns ugly. As much as I love sweaters and chai tea weather I also love spending time outside by the fireplace.
This chicken pasta casserole is delish and perfect for any night of the week. It doesn't take a ton of time to make and the family will love it. You can easily add in more veggies if you want! Broccoli would taste amazing in this.
I know it may be a surprise that this isn't a crockpot recipe but I figured why not change it up a bit and share a recipe you can bake in the oven.
Ingredients needed to make Chicken Pasta Casserole
- Chicken, cut into cubes
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Alfredo sauce
- Spinach, fresh
- Onion, small
- Pasta (any type you prefer)
Great Chicken Recipes
If you love chicken recipe check out these other great dinner ideas
Instant Pot Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Cheesy Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups Chicken cut into cubes
- 3 Cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 2 Cups spinach fresh, cut into strips
- ½ Onion small, diced
- 4 pieces Bacon cooked, diced
- 8 Ounce pasta any type you prefer
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a large pot, cook the pasta til al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, sauté the onions with the butter until soft.
- Add the bacon and chicken. Mix well and warm through.
- Add the spinach and sauté until it begins to wilt.
- Add the Alfredo sauce and combine well.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan and mix until all ingredients are combined well and covered with sauce.
- Spray a baking dish and begin the assembly.
- Place half the chicken and pasta mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 ½ C of cheese.
- Layer the remaining chicken and pasta mixture and then sprinkle with the remaining 1 ½ Cup of cheese.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the cheese on top is nice and melted.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe originally shared on August 7, 2016. Updated January 2021
This looks soooo good! Saving this for later!
What size jar of alfredo sauce did you use?