I am so excited to share this Easy Cheesy Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe! I don't know about you but life seems a bit hectic and crazy right now. I am always trying to make dinner as quickly as I possibly can.
Chicken Pasta Casserole
We are still trying to soak up as many warm nights outside as we possibly can before the weather turns ugly. As much as I love sweaters and chai tea weather I also love spending time outside by the fireplace.
This chicken pasta casserole is delish and perfect for any night of the week. It doesn't take a ton of time to make and the family will love it. You can easily add in more veggies if you want! Broccoli would taste amazing in this.
I know it may be a surprise that this isn't a crockpot recipe but I figured why not change it up a bit and share a recipe you can bake in the oven.
Ingredients needed to make Chicken Pasta Casserole
- Chicken, cut into cubes
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Alfredo sauce
- Spinach, fresh
- Onion, small
- Pasta (any type you prefer)
Great Chicken Recipes
If you love chicken recipe check out these other great dinner ideas
Cheesy Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups Chicken cut into cubes
- 3 Cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 2 Cups spinach fresh, cut into strips
- ½ Onion small, diced
- 4 pieces Bacon cooked, diced
- 8 Ounce pasta any type you prefer
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a large pot, cook the pasta til al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, sauté the onions with the butter until soft.
- Add the bacon and chicken. Mix well and warm through.
- Add the spinach and sauté until it begins to wilt.
- Add the Alfredo sauce and combine well.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan and mix until all ingredients are combined well and covered with sauce.
- Spray a baking dish and begin the assembly.
- Place half the chicken and pasta mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 ½ C of cheese.
- Layer the remaining chicken and pasta mixture and then sprinkle with the remaining 1 ½ Cup of cheese.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the cheese on top is nice and melted.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe originally shared on August 7, 2016. Updated January 2021