As the weather gets colder all I can think about is comfort food. Soups, stews, casseroles any recipe that fills you up and keeps you warm on the inside. This Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Stew Recipe is the perfect winter comfort food.
Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Stew
The combination of alfredo sauce and chicken along with potatoes...hello yum! Plus you don't have to leave your house to enjoy this delicious meal! You can set it up in the morning and it is ready when you get home from work!
The slow cooker does all the work and you get to crawl into your comfy clothes, put your hair up, put your feet up, and just relax!
No stressing over getting dinner done when all you really want to do is turn the tv on and zone out to your favorite show.
You can easily add in your favorite pasta to make this stew even more hearty. I like the small shells in this stew but you could do any pasta that you enjoy.
If you want to make this soup even more filling you can add in small shell pasta, macaroni pasta, or small ditalini pasta.
It is easy to add the al dente pasta at the end of cooking time so it has a few minutes to soak in the flavor of the stew. Just make sure you have enough liquid to support the pasta and not have it all dry up.
Great Slow Cooker Soup Recipes
Check out all of our Slow Cooker Soup recipes
Crockpot Chicken Alfredo Stew
- In a bowl, mix the alfredo sauce, water, and basil.
- Line the bottom of the bowl with HALF the potatoes and onions
- Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper
- Lay the chicken on top of the potatoes
- Cover the chicken strips with the frozen vegetables
- Add HALF the alfredo sauce
- Lay the remaining potatoes and onions on top of the sauce
- Pour the remaining sauce on top of the potatoes.
- Cook on low for 6 – 8 hours or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
Recipe originally shared on November 15, 2016. Updated October 2020.