I am so excited it is almost time for barbecues, outdoor picnics, and spending as much time outside as humanly possible! This Fresh Macaroni Salad Recipe is the perfect spring/summer recipe...Delicious and oh so easy to make!
Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Elbow Macaroni
- Sweet Onion
- Sweet Pickle Relish
- Mayo or Miracle Whip
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
Refrigerate the mixture for several hours before serving so that the pasta can soak up the flavors. Serve cold.
Great Side Dish Recipes
We love serving this as a side for ribs.
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Fresh Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 2 Cups Elbow Macaroni uncooked
- 1 Cup Celery chopped
- 1 Sweet Onion small, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Pickle Relish
- ¾ Cup Mayo or Miracle Whip
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- ⅓ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2-3 Hard Boiled Eggs diced into small pieces
- Place the macaroni noodles on the stove with water and cook until al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking, in a large bowl, mix together the chopped celery, onion, relish, mayo, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, and egg. Stir several times until the sugar dissolves into the mixture.
- Remove the noodles from the stove and rinse with cold water until the pasta is cooled. Add the noodles into the bowl of salad dressing, Stir and coat the noodles well with the dressing.
- Refrigerate the mixture for several hours before serving so that the pasta can soak up the flavors. Serve cold.
Recipe originally shared on April 24, 2015. Updated December 2020
This sounds like a good macaroni salad to make for my son's graduation party on Saturday. I don't eat these kind of salads but most people do and my kids do so I will have to make it. Thanks for sharing.
I love a good macaroni salad. I've never had none with relish in it.
That looks so light and flavorful! Perfect for summer cookouts and I'll be trying out the recipe soon!
I love the idea of fresh macaroni salad. I do not care for the store bought kind and this recipe seems so light and full of flavor.
OMYum! This looks so flavorsome! Macaroni salad is a staple in our home and I simply can't wait to try this.
Let us know if you try it! I am so happy it is summer time and the perfect time to serve this dish.