How to grill avocado on the barbecue. Grilled avocados are a great summer recipe! they taste amazing.
I have to share one of John's favorite things this summer. I randomly decided to grill an avocado a few weeks ago and see if John would like it.
It turns out that he loved it and wants them all the time. They are super easy to make and everyone we have served them to has loved them.
I use a knife and slice into the avocado so the olive oil can soak into the avocado. I then pour flavored olive oil over the top of the avocado.
I filled the middle with a bit of cheese and topped them with Parmesan cheese. A couple of minutes on the grill and you have a warm yummy avocado treat.
John likes to eat these with a fork straight off the barbecue. We have also served them with chips. If you have a super soft avocado they work great for chips.
During the hot months of the summer, there is nothing like enjoying a bit of a barbecue. I love experimenting with the barbecue and seeing what I can grill and what tastes amazing.
These Greek Grilled Avocados turned out wonderful! I have made grilled avocados before but normally I just add in some cheese and olive oil.
For this recipe, I wanted to give them the Greek flavor that my Husband loves.
I love the combination of using fresh avocados with sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olive oil, kalamata olives and more. The combination turned out great. The flavors from these Greek Grilled Avocados are so fresh and perfect for a hot summer night. The bit of feta on the top adds the perfect flavor to top it all off.
Greek Grilled Avocados Recipe
1. Slice the avocado into chunks so the olive oil and ingredients can spread all over the avocado
2. Drizzle the avocado with olive oil, we like to use sundried tomato infused olive oil
3. Top your avocado with Artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta cheese
4. Place on the barbecue for 5-10 minutes depending on the heat of your barbecue
5. Check to make sure your ingredients are not getting too toasted