One of my favorite things about traveling is finding amazing food that I can try to recreate at home. I am always on the lookout for new recipes, drinks, and killer food that we can try and make at home. One of my trips to Puerto Vallarta was the inspiration for these Carne Asada Street Tacos Recipe!
Carne Asada Street Tacos
I had the chance to take a Puerto Vallarta Taco Tour and knew that I needed to start making carne asada street tacos at home. This recipe is super easy and tastes amazing.
We have been enjoying these tacos weekly since I started playing with the recipe. Now that it is finally warming up at home it is the perfect time to fire up the barbecue and cook outside.
While I can't bring the feeling of walking the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta home with me I can at least bring some of my favorite food and drinks home.
Have you seen the mango margaritas I made a couple of months ago to celebrate National Margarita Day? They are also inspired by one of my favorite Puerto Vallarta Restaurants La Cerveza Union.
During the Puerto Vallarta Taco Tour, you walk around town as a group and sample different amazing tacos. I love knowing that many of the taco stands are multi-generational and the families work together to share their family recipes.
The tour takes you through multiple districts within Puerto Vallarta so you can experience the city off the main streets. You truly get to feel the heart of the city and why it is so amazing.
We have had the opportunity to travel to Puerto Vallarta a few times and every time we head home we are ready to plan a return trip. There are so many things to do in Puerto Vallarta that you can plan return trips and still see new things every time.
The food is always a highlight of any trip and you honestly can't go wrong taking the PV Taco Tour!
Carne Asada Taco Recipe
Ingredients needed to make Carne Asada Tacos
- Garlic - Minced
- Sliced pickled jalapeno peppers
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Red Bell Pepper
- Granulated sugar
- Kosher salt
- Beef skirt steak
- Street tacos (corn or flour tortillas)
- Pico De Gallo
Carve the steak across the grain into thin slices
Built your Carne Asada tacos by skillet warming your tortillas. Top with steak and pico de gallo and serve with sliced lime.
Enjoy and dream of being in Puerto Vallarta!
Great Summer Recipes
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
CARNE ASADA TACO RECIPE
- 3 Lemons Juiced
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- ½ cup pickled jalapeno peppers drained, Sliced
- ½ cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Red Bell Pepper Minced
- 1 Tablespoon White Sugar
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1.5 pounds Beef skirt steak
- 12 street tacos corn or flour tortillas
- Pico De Gallo
- 2 limes
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, jalapenos, teriyaki sauce, bell peppers, sugar and salt in a bowl/gallon Ziploc bag
- Place skirt steak and marinade in a gallon size Ziploc Bag and seal.
- Work the marinade around the steak to make sure it is completely coated.
- Place Ziploc bag in a large bowl to make sure it does not leak in your refrigerator. Refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours
- After the steak has marinated remove the steak from the Ziploc bag and discard the marinade.
- Preheat your greased barbecue to medium heat.
- Grill the steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Remove the steak from the grill and allow it to sit for 8 to 10 minutes to make sure it is really juicy.
- Carve the steak across the grain into thin slices
- Built your Carne Asada tacos by skillet warming your tortillas. Top with steak and pico de gallo and serve with sliced lime.
This is a collaboration with Puerto Vallarta tourism, but all opinions are our own.
This looks AMAZING. The beef looks perfectly cooked, too!