One of my favorite things to order when we eat out is Baked Mozzarella Sticks. There is just something so good about the melty cheese and marinara sauce!
I thought it would be fun to create a homemade mozzarella sticks recipe that wasn't fried and super easy to make.
Homemade Baked Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
These are perfect for an afternoon snack, appetizer, or just because you want a super yummy treat!
I am thinking about trying these out in the air fryer which I am now hooked on.
These work great for after school treats, football parties, or any night you want a quick treat.
- String cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil or cooking spray
These are so much healthier because they have no butter in them and are baked. Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!
I love that I can make as many homemade baked mozzarella sticks as I want at a time. You can easily double this recipe or only make a few mozzarella sticks.
It really depends on how many you want!
Great Appetizer Recipes
If you are looking for other great game day appetizers make sure and check these out.
These are just a few of our favorite appetizer recipes. I am going to admit that some days we have appetizers for dinner and just try a few different things.
Homemade Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
- Cut the cheese sticks in half, making 24 slices, then freeze the slices in the freezer until completely frozen
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Use a separate bowl to combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese
- To bread the cheese sticks: First dip the frozen cheese stick into the flour, then into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture
- Once all of the cheese sticks are coated, place them on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil coated with a few drops of olive oil or sprayed with cooking spray (this helps keep them from sticking)
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 4 minutes, or until crisp. Watch them closely so they don’t melt completely!
Originally shared November 2015, Updated October 2020