Today we are sharing the delicious Shrimp Remoulade Recipe we also learned during a New Orleans cooking class. Prior to taking the cooking class, we were not sure what exactly remoulade was let alone how to make it. During the class, we learned that this is a very popular dish in New Orleans. Fresh shrimp from the Gulf of Mexico makes this a great dish to try while in New Orleans. If you don't live near the gulf like us you can also make this Shrimp Remoulade Recipe at home.
Shrimp Remoulade Recipe
A couple of weeks ago we shared the amazing Jambalaya recipe we learned at the New Orleans School of Cooking. Today I am excited to share this Remoulade Sauce Recipe with shrimp that we had with the Jambalaya.
I love how happy and proud my husband looks showing off the remoulade sauce. We love taking cooking classes together.
This class was the perfect Romantic Thing to do in New Orleans during our weekend getaway. We had so much fun cooking together and then enjoying our meal.
- Medium shrimp
- Red Pepper
- White Pepper
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- White horseradish
- Creole mustard
- Ground black pepper
Serve the Shrimp Remoulade over a bed of lettuce
Great New Orleans Recipes
Shrimp and Grits Crockpot Recipe
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Shrimp Remoulade Recipe
- 1 pound medium shrimp heads off
- ½ teaspoon ground red Pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground white Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 quart Water
- 2 Tablespoon Salt
Remoulade Sauce Ingredients
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup vinegar
- ½ cup white horseradish
- 1 ⅓ cup Creole mustard
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup paprika
- 3 cups Celery minced
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- ⅔ cup parsley minced
- ⅓ cup Onion minced
- Peel and devein the shrimp
- Bring the water, salt and peppers to full boil in a medium saucepan over high heat
- Drop the shrimp in and stir continue to cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stirring often
- Shrimp should be pink and firm, Drain and place the shrimp in a bowl of ice water to cool them quickly
Remoulade Sauce Instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, paprika, pepper, salt, horseradish, and mayonnaise.
- Add in celery, parsley, and onion mixing well
- Place shrimp in the bowl and mix well
Recipe originally shared on May 3, 2015. Updated December 2020
OMYum! That looks so creamy and delicious! My mouth is literally watering right now.