I love cooking with the crockpot! It makes life so much easier and I can prepare enough food that John has lunch food for the next few days. I am pretty sure he would be happy if I made this Crock Pot Cajun Smoked Sausage Po'Boys Recipe all the time.
Crock Pot Cajun Smoked Sausage Po'Boys Recipe
He loves Cajun spiced food. After I made the Crock Pot Cajun Shrimp he has been mentioning how much he loves Cajun spices.
I love using the Crock Pot and being able to set it and forget it. I can dump everything in the crockpot and walk away for a few hours. This is the perfect meal!
Since we live in Spokane and don't get to visit the south as often as we would like I started making some of our favorite southern dishes at home.
- Red or green pepper
- Smoked sausages
- Chili powder
- Cajun seasoning
- Diced tomatoes with juice
- Diced tomatoes with green chiles and juice
- Hoagie buns, toasted
Great Crockpot Recipes
Crock Pot Cajun Smoked Sausage Po’Boys Recipe
- Arrange peppers and onion slices on the bottom of the crock pot
- Place sausages on top of vegetables
- Sprinkle with chili powder and Cajun seasoning
- Top with both cans of tomatoes
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours until sausages are hot and sauce is bubbly
- Turn to warm for serving
- Spoon onto hoagie rolls and enjoy
Recipe adapted from Triple Slow Cooker Entertaining Cookbook.