Easy Crockpot Shrimp and Grits Recipe! You won't believe how easy it is to make this delicious Southern comfort food in your slow cooker.
Crockpot Shrimp and Grits
The July 2014 issue of All You Magazine had this great Crock Pot Shrimp and Cheese Grits Recipe and I couldn't wait to try it! It is so easy to make and tastes great.
Imagine my surprise when All You Magazine reached out and asked to feature us in their magazine. I might have squealed with excitement while reading the email. I am super excited that we were featured in All You Magazine for making this recipe. We are towards the front of the magazine and there is a picture of me along with the Crock-Pot Shrimp and Cheese Grits Recipe.
Can I tell you it is really really weird opening a magazine and seeing my picture in it? I truly never imagined that I would be published in a national magazine when I started blogging. Totally crazy!
- Salt and pepper
- Heavy cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce
- Cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp
- Chopped Chives
Great Crockpot Recipes
We hope you really enjoy this Crockpot Shrimp and Grits recipe! It is one of our favorite slow cooker meals!
Crockpot Shrimp and Grits Recipe
- 2 cups grits
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 pound shrimp cooked, peeled, deveined
- 1 tbsp Chives Chopped
- Combine grits, 8 cups of water, 1 ½ tsp salt in slow cooker and whisk together
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, until liquid is absorbed
- Add in cream, cheese, butter, and hot sauce. Stir until cheese melts
- Season with salt and pepper to desired taste
- Place shrimp on top, cover and cook until shrimp are warmed through, approx 5 minutes
- Serve with chives on top
Recipe originally shared on June 8, 2015. Updated on May 4, 2020