Creepy Egg Eyes
These creepy egg eyes were so much fun to make! I have to admit that I had never hard boiled an egg prior to making these. I am not sure why I have never hard boiled an egg. I love eating them and always seem to forget to make them.
These eggs were really easy to make and look seriously creepy on a plate.
Candy eyes/chocolate chip
1. Hard Boil the eggs
2. Once the eggs are boiled and cooled pull them out of the water and crack the shells. Crack them until you have a nice pattern around the egg.
3. Place the eggs back into the water and add food coloring. I used hot pink food coloring to make these.
4. Bring the water to a boil and then cool the eggs in the water.
5. Once the eggs are cool remove them from the water and peel the eggs. You will have a marbled pattern on the eggs.
6. I scooped out a bit of the egg and put in a candy eye. You could also use a chocolate chip and stick it into the egg for the dark eye.