This may be one of the easiest crock pot recipes we have shared! This Crock Pot Cherry Dump Cake Recipe has a whopping three ingredients and is so dang easy to make it should be labeled a dangerous dessert!
You know one of those desserts that is plain and simply easy to make! A dessert that only takes a few seconds to think about and then you have a crock pot full of luscious flavors and delights. Yep, that is exactly what this crock pot cherry dump cake is.
While I don’t have any caution tape or warning tape to wrap around the recipe, I will tell you that this Crock Pot Cherry Dump Cake disappeared when I made it.
I barely had a chance to grab a bit to take a picture for this post. My dear and amazing Husband kept sneaking back to the crock pot.
I was able to grab a bit for a photo and then that plate magically disappeared and would you believe I never even got to try this dessert. I served it during slow cooker Saturday lunch with John’s mom, and I was working on wrapping up the Bourbon Baked Ham I made. When I finally got to a point I was going to sit down and enjoy a plate of this crock pot cherry dump cake, it was all gone….
I guess that means I am going to have to make it again on a day when I am the only one home to enjoy it 🙂
Crock Pot Cherry Dump Cake Recipe
21 oz can Cherry Pie Filling
One yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
When I make this again, I think I will use two cans of Cherry Pie Filling. I am hoping that will make it last longer.
1. Pour Cherry Pie filling into greased crock pot
2. Combine dry cake mix and butter until crumbly, sprinkle over cherry filling
3. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired
4. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours
5. Serve with ice cream
- 21 oz can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Pour Cherry Pie filling into greased crock pot
- Combine dry cake mix and butter until crumbly, sprinkle over cherry filling
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours