You all know we love to share a good dump cake recipe! There is just something magically about these crazy easy cake recipes! Today's Chocolate Peppermint Cherry Dump Cake Recipe is perfect for the holidays!
Peppermint Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe
I also did something with this recipe we have never done before....we made this dump cake in the oven. All of our other dump cake recipes have been made in the crockpot. I thought I would change it up a bit to see if it worked in the oven. Don't worry you can easily make this recipe in the slow cooker if you wanted to.
Are you ready for the holidays? I can't believe how close it is to Christmas. We have the tree up and I am diving into holiday baking.
Do you have a favorite holiday baking recipe? I would love to hear about it.
I love making this Crock Pot Chocolate Caramel Dump Cake Recipe for the holidays! f you are looking for easy DIY Gifts this holiday season check out these Crock Pot Sugar Walnuts Recipe. So easy to make and they are soooo good!
We made a huge list of all of our dump cake recipes to make it easier to find them.
- Cherry pie filling
- Devils food cake mix
- Peppermint extract
- Whipped cream and peppermint pieces, to garnish
Great Holiday Recipes
Chocolate Peppermint Cherry Dump Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°. Melt the butter in a saucepan and remove from heat. Add the peppermint extract and stir. Set aside.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan and dump the cherry pie filling into it. Using a rubber spatula, spread the pie filling into an even layer at the bottom.
- Sprinkle the dry devil’s food cake mix evenly on top of the pie filling.
- Drizzle the melted butter on top of the cake mix and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 55 minutes- 1 hour.
- Spoon the warm cake into your serving dishes and garnish with whipped cream or ice cream and peppermint pieces.
Recipe originally shared on December 22, 2016. Updated October 2020