Today I am excited to share this Apple Blackberry Fruit Tart Recipe! The perfect combination of blackberries and apples combined together to make a delicious dessert!
Apple Blackberry Fruit Tart
One of my favorite summer memories growing up was picking blackberries with my Mom. Getting our hands covered in blackberry juice as we ate 2 and put 1 in the bucket. We might now have filled the bucket very quickly but we had a great time picking blackberries.
I still beg my Mom each year for a bucket or 5 of fresh blackberries from their side of the state. There is just something truly divine about freshly picked blackberries.
- Fresh blackberries
- All-purpose flour
- Lemon juice
Epic Dessert Recipes
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Apple Blackberry Fruit Tart Recipe
- 2 apples
- 6 ounces Blackberries fresh
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 5 tablespoons White Sugar divided
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup shortening
- ½ Cup Water
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and 3 tablespoons of the sugar. Cut in the shortening until the mixture is crumbly and then add in the water to form a soft dough. Mix the dough until it holds together without crumbling.
- Slice the apples into thin slices and place in a medium bowl with the remaining sugar, cornstarch, and the lemon juice. Let this mixture set for about 5 minutes.
- Take the dough and divide it in half, place half of the dough into a greased tart dish or a cake pan. Use your fingers to stretch the dough over the bottom of the pans and about ½ inch up the sides. Repeat in a second pan for the rest of the dough.
- Drain the apples from the juice in their bowl and arrange them in a pattern over the top of the dough with the blackberries. Place the tart in the oven at 400 degrees and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.
Recipe originally shared on July 11, 2018. Updated January 2021.
Myrah - Coupon Mamacita
Oh, that looks so good! This is the perfect summer time dessert!
Diane Nassy (
Oh my word! That looks sooo good! I love anything with apples in it!
YUM! This looks like the perfect dessert for my entire family. We all love fruit.
I really don't do enough with blackberries. This is the kind of inspiration I need!
I have to say that these pictures are spot on. They are gorgeous and make my mouth water! I've never made a tart but now I may need to.