Soft and creamy Carnation Famous Fudge is the fudge your holiday dreams are made of. This is the fudge we all grew up on and loved.
Carnation Famous Fudge Recipe
Today I made fudge for the first time. I have always wanted to make fudge but had heard that it was really hard to make. When I told my Mom I was going to make fudge she told me she hoped it turned out better than the fudge my grandmother used to make.
I guess her fudge would never harden and you had to eat it with a spoon. I am very happy to say that today’s fudge turned out amazing. I made milk chocolate and peanut butter fudge. I am normally a chocolate person but have to say the peanut butter fudge is really good.
Ingredients needed to make Carnation Fudge
Optional – chopped pecans or walnuts
Equipment needed to make Carnation Fudge
8-inch square baking pan – This is the perfect size for this fudge recipe.
Parchment Paper – I really like these 12×12 paper liners. They are easy to pull out and you can easily cut them down to fit an 8-inch baking pan.
Dough scraper – I know that these are normally used when making bread but I love using it to cut fudge. It cuts clean lines and you can easily cut them without having to try and contort your wrist to a crazy angle to get a clean cut.
Treat Boxes – If you are gifting your fudge these treat boxes work great. They are not holiday-specific so you can use them year-round. Just wrap a cute ribbon around them or make a fun label and you are good to go.
Additional Dessert Recipes
Here are some of our favorite holiday sweet treats to make as gifts and for holiday parties:
CARNATION® Famous FudgePrint Rate
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 5 fl.-oz. can
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 9 oz.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- LINE 8-inch-square baking pan with foil.
- COMBINE sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- STIR in marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract.
- Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour into a prepared baking pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 pieces.
SUBSTITUTE 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
SUBSTITUTE 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
SUBSTITUTE 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts for pecans or walnuts.
Recipe originally shared December 11, 2011, updated in 2020