I love to make super easy desserts! These Apple Pie Dumplings are so dang easy to make and taste amazing. I also love that I had everything I needed to make them in the fridge.
They took a few seconds to make and then the wait for them to come out of the oven feels like forever. The house smelled so good when these were done!
Apple Pie Dumplings
We first shared these Apple Pie Bites way back in March of 2013. Since that time we have made a ton of updates to this recipe to make it even more decadent and amazing.
I was looking at the Pillsbury website and realized they had a similar recipe to what we had been making but theirs had some new ingredients. I started playing with the recipe and adapting it to what we love and oh my goodness these upgraded Apple Pie Dumplings are epic!
I am going to admit that I have made them four times since finalizing the recipe and may make them again this week. They are that good!
Crescent Rolls are becoming one of my favorite things to cook with. Have you seen the Crescent Braided Cheese Steak we made?
Oh my goodness it is so easy to make and looks like you spent hours in the kitchen (my favorite kind of recipe!).
I love how easy it is to use crescent rolls to make a sweet treat. They are easy to adapt and make into the flavors you enjoy.
Delicious Apple Recipes
- Crescent Rolls
- Apple slices
When you pour the Sprite into the baking dish make sure to not pour it directly over the crescent dough.
These Apple Pie Dumplings are so good the next day! The crescent dough soaks in the cinnamon/brown sugar glaze and they become even more decadent.
You can serve these on their own or with some whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream.
Bite-Size Apple Pie Dumplings
- 2 packages Crescent Rolls
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 16 Apple slices
- ¾ cup Butter Melted
- 7.5 oz Sprite Mini-can
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Unroll Crescent Rolls, Cut Apples in 16 slices
- Roll Crescent douh with 1 apple slice starting from the smallest corner and rolling up.
- Place wrapped apples in a 9X13 baking dish
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until mixed together
- Pour brown sugar mixture over crescent rolls evenly
- Pour Sprite along the edge of the pan and in the center. Make sure to not pour over the top of the dumplings.
- Bake for 33-36 minutes until golden brown. Let sit for 10-15 minutes