I love fried apples! I mean seriously hearts and flowers love them!
We have been known to stop at any Cracker Barrel we find during our travels just to enjoy a hot bowl of their fried apples. Sadly we do not have a Cracker Barrel here in Spokane. The closest one is in Missoula Montana about a 3 hour drive away. Don’t get me wrong I have made the drive to Missoula just to enjoy a glorious bowl of fried apples but that doesn’t happen very often.
So instead now I made a big batch of this Crock Pot Fried Apple Recipe and LOVE IT!
I have to confess that a lot of times I make this while John is at work so I can sneak a bowl or two for myself before he gets home. Don’t worry he gets more than enough of this when he gets home. But I do love curling up on the couch with a hot bowl of fried apples and watching a reality tv show. It is pure decadence!
Crock Pot Fried Apples Recipe
4 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Toss apples in lemon juice as you cut them. Spray your crock pot with non-stick spray.
2. Cover apples with cornstarch and coat evenly. Transfer to crock pot
3. Add in brown sugar, sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt and stir to combine
4. Cook on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Toss apples in lemon juice as you cut them. Spray your crock pot with non-stick spray.
- Cover apples with cornstarch and coat evenly. Transfer to crock pot
- Add in brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, salt and stir to combine
- Cook on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally