Delicious homemade Bourbon Cherry Brownies are the perfect holiday treat! Made from scratch these brownies taste amazing and make a great DIY gift.
Bourbon Cherry Brownie Recipe
This year we have been partnering with Visit Yosemite Madera County to share all of the epic things to do in this great area. Oakhurst is the southern gateway to Yosemite National Park and offers the perfect place to stay and relax during a Yosemite vacation.
One of the amazing things to do in Oakhurst is to visit Oakhurst Spirits. Located in the heart of Oakhurst you can enjoy a spirits tasting of their great whiskey, spice-flavored rum, lavender vodka, lemon-flavored vodka, and of course the bourbon we used in this recipe.
The distillery is located right off of Highway 41 making it an easy stop on your way to or from Yosemite. Don’t miss out on stopping at one of the amazing Oakhurst restaurants while you are there. We have fallen in love with so many of these restaurants.
John keeps telling me that these are the best brownies he has ever had in his life! I am going to admit that I love hearing that.
Even my mother in law tried them and loved them. We gave her a plate full and she said that they might not last an hour they were that good.
I am pretty sure I will be making batches of these chocolate cherry brownies with bourbon for holiday gifts this year.
Can I admit that I am having so much fun cooking with Bourbon…These are just some of the recipes we have shared and there are so many more to come!
I really like baking and cooking with bourbon. The funny thing is we haven’t shared a bourbon cocktail yet which feels like something that needs to happen soon.
What you will need to make this recipe
8X8 Baking Pan – this recipe perfectly fits an 8×8 pan.
Parchment Paper – to line the pan and make sure your brownies do not stick.
Cocoa Powder – We used Hershey’s
Bourbon Soaked Cherries
I soaked Maraschino Cherries in the Oakhurst Spirits Bourbon for a couple of weeks. You could easily just soak them for a day or two which was my original plan but then life happened and three weeks later I finally made the recipe.
This recipe would also taste great with darker cherries or a mix of cherries.
Bourbon Cherry Brownies
- 3/4 cup cherries soaked in bourbon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 5 1/2 oz dark chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder sifted
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- Set up a double boiler to melt the butter and chocolate together. Stir the chocolate and butter until melted and then set to the side to cool
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line an 8-inch baking pan with non-stick parchment paper
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until smooth and almost meringue-like
- Combine with the cooled chocolate and beat until well combined.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder along with the cocoa powder and salt.
- Drain the cherries, holding the liquid for later.
- Fold cherries into the batter
- Pour batter into the pan and make sure you push it into the corners and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes