Today’s Crockpot Bacon Bourbon Meatballs Recipe is all about celebrating and not having to spend time in the kitchen. A great combination of bourbon barbecue sauce and bacon!
Crockpot Bacon Bourbon Meatballs
I know it won’t surprise any of you that the slow cooker does the work for this appetizer recipe and you don’t have to.
I am such a fan of Crockpot recipes that we have topped 260+ of them on the blog!
I think my goal this next year is to share a minimum of 50 more Crock Pot recipes. It is a big goal but I think we can do it.
These super easy Crock Pot Bacon Bourbon Meatballs recipe is a great new year’s eve appetizer or football party appetizer recipe!
The slow cooker does the work and you get a killer recipe to serve at your party!
Your house will smell so good while these are in the slow cooker!
You just can’t go wrong with crockpot meatball recipes! They make life so easy and taste so great.
Great Crockpot Appetizer Recipes
Ingredients needed for Bacon Bourbon Meatballs
- Frozen meatballs
- BBQ sauce
- Maple syrup
- Dried chili peppers
Crockpot – We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crockpot recipes
3 tier appetizer trays – This is a great way to serve skewers and appetizers so guests can easily reach for them.
Bamboo Serving Trays – These would be perfect for serving the skewers.
Super easy crockpot bacon bourbon meatballs are the perfect Super Bowl big game football party appetizer recipe! This slow cooker appetizer would be perfect for New Year’s Eve also! The crockpot does all the work and you get to serve an amazing appetizer that is perfect party food!
Crock Pot Bacon Bourbon Meatballs Recipe
- 1 PKG meatballs frozen
- ½ lb. bacon cooked and pieces cut in half
- 1 C BBQ sauce
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- pinch dried chili peppers
- In a bowl, mix the bbq sauce, maple syrup, bourbon and chili peppers.
- Line the slow cooker bowl with parchment paper
- Place the frozen meatballs in the slow cooker
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and cook on high for 2 – 3 hours. Stir once or twice.
- Let them cool to touch
- On medium long skewers, place one meatball, a piece of bacon folded over and another meatball.
- Place on an appetizer plate and enjoy!
- Alternately, serve as a main meal on rice.
Originally shared December 27, 2018, updated on January 29, 2020