Have you recovered from Christmas? Are you ready for New Years and the Super Bowl? It feels like this time of year we get hit with parties and events one after another. Not that I am complaining about seeing so many great friends but it does make it interesting to juggle life and celebrations. Today’s Crock Pot Bacon Bourbon Meatballs Recipe is all about celebrating the New Year and not having to spend time in the kitchen.
I know it won’t surprise any of you that the slow cooker does the work for this appetizer recipe and you don’t have to. I am such a fan of Crockpot recipes that we have topped 200+ of them on the blog! I think my goal this next year is to share a minimum of 50 more Crock Pot recipes. It is a big goal but I think we can do it.
Bacon Bourbon Meatballs
Super easy Crock Pot Bourbon Bacon Meatball recipe is a great new year’s eve appetizer or super bowl appetizer recipe! The slow cooker does the work and you get a killer recipe to serve at your party!
Do you have plans for New Years? Are you getting glammed up and heading out on the town or staying home in comfy pajamas? Right now I am voting for comfy pj’s on the couch with movies but we will see what happens. With the winter weather and being old…lol…I love the idea of staying home and celebrating the year on the couch. I know it is not super festive but I would rather get together with friends when there is not so much craziness on the roads.
Your house will smell so good while these are in the slow cooker! You just can’t go wrong with crockpot meatball recipes! They make life so easy and taste so great.
Crock Pot Bourbon Bacon Meatballs Recipe
Ingredients needed for Bacon Bourbon Meatballs
1 PKG meatballs, frozen
½ lb. bacon, cooked and pieces cut in half
1 C BBQ sauce
3 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tbsp. bourbon
pinch (or more) dried chili peppers
How to make Bacon Bourbon Meatballs
1. In a bowl, mix the bbq sauce, maple syrup, bourbon, and chili peppers.
2. Line the slow cooker bowl with parchment paper
3. Place the frozen meatballs in the slow cooker
4. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and cook on high for 2 – 3 hours. Stir once or twice.
5. Let them cool to touch
6. On medium long skewers, place one meatball, a piece of bacon folded over, and another meatball.
7. Place on an appetizer plate and enjoy!
8. Alternately, serve as a main meal on rice.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
Crock Pot Bacon Bourbon Meatballs Recipe
- 1 PKG meatballs frozen
- ½ lb. bacon cooked and pieces cut in half
- 1 C BBQ sauce
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- pinch or more dried chili peppers
- In a bowl, mix the bbq sauce, maple syrup, bourbon and chili peppers.
- Line the slow cooker bowl with parchment paper
- Place the frozen meatballs in the slow cooker
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and cook on high for 2 – 3 hours. Stir once or twice.
- Let them cool to touch
- On medium long skewers, place one meatball, a piece of bacon folded over and another meatball.
- Place on an appetizer plate and enjoy!
- Alternately, serve as a main meal on rice.