The weather is starting to get a lot colder and I am thinking more and more about comfort foods. There is just something so comforting about having dinner cook in the crockpot during the day and opening it up to find a hearty delicious meal ready for you. I really hope that you love this Slow Cooker Crock Pot Chicken Orzo Casserole recipe.
Chicken Orzo Casserole Recipe
It is so easy to make which always makes me so happy. My goal is to bring your recipes that taste delicious but don't take a ton of time to make. We all lead crazy busy lives and if we can shave off some time in the kitchen so we have more family time than I consider that a total win.
If you love slow cooker recipes check out these great recipes
or this delicious Crock Pot Thai Chicken Stew recipe.
Ingredients to make Crock Pot Chicken Orzo Casserole
- Chicken, cooked, shredded or cubed
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Cream of chicken soup
- Orzo pasta
- Salt and pepper
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Chicken Orzo Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups chicken cooked, shredded or cubed
- 1 cup mixed vegetables frozen
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- ¼ onion minced
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup cheddar grated
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- salt and pepper To taste
- In the slow cooker bowl, mix the chicken, vegetables, onion, and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, combine the soup and milk. Whisk until smooth. Add the water and fully combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the soup mixture to the cooker bowl and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 -7 hours, or 3 – 4 hours on high. The casserole is ready when the pasta is tender.
- A few minutes before serving, remove the lid and sprinkle the cheddar over the top. Cover and let melt. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe originally shared November 13, 2017, updated September 2020