Delicious Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole Recipe is filled with hamburger, cheese, and tater tots. This recipe is super easy to make and tastes amazing. 6 ingredients and the slow cooker does most of the work. A great family dinner especially on busy nights!
Crockpot Tater Tot Casserole
This recipe was so much fun to make. John’s sister absolutely loves Tater Tots. When they come to visit from Alabama I have to stock the freezer with Tater Tots so we always have them on hand.
I have to say that John had so much fun sending his Sister a picture of this Slow Cooker Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole recipe and letting her know how much he was enjoying it. Ahhh the joys of sibling love.
I love how easy the crockpot makes it to put together a delicious Tater Tot Casserole the entire family will love. Cheesy meaty goodness that everyone loves! This slow cooker recipe is in our top crockpot recipe rotation to make for dinner as often as we can.
It is so easy to make and tastes so good! There is just something so delicious about the combination of tater tots, hamburger, and cheese.
Who am I kidding..let’s be honest and just admit that tater tots make almost anything taste great? lol! 🙂
I can’t believe we first shared this recipe back in February 2013.
We are still having so much fun using the Crock-Pot. My goal is to make a minimum of one meal a week in the Crock-Pot.
I have a huge list of recipes written out that I can’t wait to try.
This Easy Tater Tot Casserole is definitely going on our dinner menu more often!
Top Crock Pot Recipes
So much cheesy yummy goodness in this Slow Cooker Tater Tot Casserole Recipe! HELLO YUM!!!!!
Great Casserole Recipes
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Ingredients for Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole
- Ground beef
- Rotel, We used mild but you could easily use a hotter variety (There have been questions about what Rotel looked like on the shelf. Here it is on Amazon so you can see the can)
- Frozen Tater Tots
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Small onion
- Cheddar cheese
Equipment needed to Make Crockpot Tater Tot Casserole
Crock-Pot – We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 7-Quart or Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crockpot recipes
SLOW COOKER CROCK POT TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE
- 1 pound ground beef browned
- 1 can Rotel We used mild but you could easily use a hotter variety
- 16 oz Tater Tots frozen
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 onion small
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Brown beef and add in chopped onion and Rotel
- Pour beef and onion mixture on the bottom of a greased Crock Pot
- Mix in Cream of Chicken Soup
- Top with tater tots across the top
- Cook low for 2-3 hours.
- 30 minutes before you are going to serve the Tater Tot Casserole top with shredded cheese.
Originally shared February 2013, updated in December 2018 and January 2020