I have a confession to make…..I bought a triple slow cooker during a Black Friday sale a couple of years ago and I have never used it. I use our large crock pot all the time but was never really sure what to make in the triple slow cooker. That all changed this week with the arrival of the Triple Slow Cooker Entertaining Cookbook! I am so excited to start sharing amazing recipes from this cookbook. The first recipe I made was these amazing Crock Pot Cuban Pork Sandwiches with Cilantro Mayonnaise.
These are so easy to make and taste like you slaved over the stove for hours! When in fact you maybe spent 10 minutes total to whip up an amazing Crock Pot Cuban Pork Sandwiches with Cilantro Mayonnaise!
These Crock Pot Cuban Pork Sandwiches turned out amazing. The pork shredded so easily after being in the crock pot all day. The left overs tasted great also. John has been enjoying these for lunch all week and said they are just as good as day one.
Crock Pot Cuban Pork Sandwiches with Cilantro Mayonnaise Recipe
Crock Pot Cuban Pork Sandwiches
1 onion, sliced
2 1/2 to 3lbs of Boneless Pork Shoulder Blade (butt) or sirloin roast
1 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tsp dry minced (granulated) garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup water
1. Arrange onion slices on the bottom of your Crock-Pot
2. Place pork on top of onions
3. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.
Sprinkle over pork. Pour lime juice and water around the pork
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until pork is tender
5. Transfer pork to a plate and shred with forks and return to Crock Pot
Pour liquid into a deep bowl, skim fat from the liquid. Measure out 1 cup and pour over pork in the Crock Pot
6. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until pork is heated through. Turn to warm for serving
7. To serve, spread Cilantro May on each bun and top with pork.
1 clove garlic, Minced
2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1. In a small bowl, combing all ingredients
Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1 day