My lovely Husband John loves anything with Mole in it. I am pretty sure I could drizzle it with almost anything and he would be excited. I figured it was time for a new twist so we ended up with this Slow Cooker Crock Pot Mexican Pulled Pork Recipe. Because honestly, you can only make so much chicken mole before you are searching for new things to make.
Mexican Pulled Pork
I also love being able to make this at home and saving ourselves the drive to our favorite Mexican restaurant. With the weather changing and winter here I am all in for staying home and making as many recipes as I can. Do you find yourself baking and cooking at home more in the winter?
I feel like all summer we are so excited about the sun that we head out more often than we probably should eat out. When winter hits all I want to do is stay home in comfy clothes and bake all the sweet goodness I can. Or whip up a hot bowl of soup in the crockpot.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! It would work great for a big family dinner or get together. Super easy to dish up and everyone can make their burritos or tacos.
Make up a big batch of crockpot refried beans and you are ready for family dinner.
My Dad called me and told me that in all of my recipes I talk about how crazy easy they are to make. He teased me that I only make easy recipes and I told him HECK YEAH I DO! LOL!
Why spend extra time in the kitchen when you can literally put everything in the crockpot and let it do the work for you. One of my favorite things is walking into the house and having dinner ready for us.
I remember coming home from my corporate job so tired and dreaming of taking my heels off. The idea of spending even 20 minutes extra on my feet would have been painful and would just not be happening.
Even now working from home I would rather spend my time talking with my amazing husband, napping, putting my feet up, or getting other things done than standing extra minutes in the kitchen.
- French Onion Soup
- Chili powder
- Brown sugar
- Ground cumin
- Ground cinnamon
- Pork shoulder roast
- Semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- Flour tortillas (8-inch)
- Plum tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro leaves
Easy Crockpot Recipes
With that being said I have to recommend a few other crazy easy crockpot recipes just to make my dad shake his head at me. LOL!
Pretty much all of these Crock Pot Chicken Recipes are crazy easy to make!
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Mexican Pulled Pork Recipe
- 10 ½ oz French Onion Soup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3.5 lbs boneless pork shoulder roast 3 ½ to 4 ½ pounds
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 12 flour tortillas 8-inch, warmed
- 6 plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- Stir the soup, water, chili powder, brown sugar, cumin and cinnamon in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the pork is fork-tender. Remove the pork to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Add the chocolate to the cooker and stir until melted. Return the pork to the cooker.
- Place about ½ cup pork mixture onto half of each tortilla. Top with the tomatoes and cilantro. Fold the tortillas over the filling.