This Crock Pot Guinness Braised Short Ribs Recipe is seriously delicious and amazing!
Guinness Braised Short Ribs Crock Pot Recipe
I made this while my parents were visiting and by the time dinner was done there wasn't a scrap of meat left in the crockpot. Everyone went back to see if they could get more. The short ribs fall off the bone and are so tender and juicy.
The flavor from the Guinness with the short ribs is amazing. I have a feeling this recipe is going to become a frequent visitor to our dinner table. I am already hearing requests for making it again.
- Bone-in beef short ribs
- Black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Thick cut bacon
- Large onion
- All-purpose flour
- Spicy brown mustard
- Tomato paste
- Bay leaf
- Beef broth
- Fresh parsley
Serve on their own or over hot mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles.
Great Guinness Recipes
Guinness Corned Beef
Crock Pot Guinness Braised Short Ribs Recipe
- 4 lbs bone in beef short ribs well trimmed
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 oz thick cut bacon cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 large onion halved, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can Guinness
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Season beef with salt and pepper, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook short ribs in skillet browning on all sides, transfer to crock pot. Wipe out the pan and return to heat
- Cook bacon until crisp, remove to a paper towel lined plate
- Remove all but 1 tbsp of dripping in the pan, reduce heat to medium and add in the onion. Cook and stir until softened and translucent. Add in flour, mustard, tomato paste, 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper, cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat and pour in Guinness. stir to scrape browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour over short ribs in the crock pot. add in bacon, bay leaf, and beef broth to crock pot, cover and cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve on their own or over hot mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles.
Recipe originally shared on February 24, 2015. Updated November 2020.