How can you go wrong with chocolate and bacon on a cupcake! I am just a tad bit excited for today's Cupcake Saturday Cupcake.....Double Chocolate Bacon Cupcake Recipe!
Double Chocolate Bacon Cupcake Recipe
The perfect combination of salty and sweet together in a cupcake! PLUS BACON! You just can't go wrong.
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Whole Milk
- Boiling Water
- Bacon fat
- Unsalted butter
- Cocoa powder
- Powder sugar
- Heavy cream
Great Dessert Recipes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the bowl containing the eggs, whole milk, oil, congealed bacon fat, and vanilla to the bowl holding the dry ingredients.
- Mix all together until fully incorporated.
- Beat for 3 minutes on medium.
- Slowly add the boiling water starting with a small amount then pour in the remaining boiling water.
- The batter may be a little runny.
- Scoop batter into cupcake paper liners until ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat the softened butter on its own until smooth.
- Add cocoa and powder sugar alternately with heavy cream into the creamed butter until it becomes a smooth and thick texture.
- If the frosting is too thick, add more heavy cream, if too thin, add more powder sugar.
- Cut 4 slices of fried bacon into tiny bits and add to the frosting.... stir well to blend throughout the frosting.
- Cut remaining bacon strips into thirds and hold for later.
- Scoop frosting into a large pastry bag with a frosting tip. Frost cupcakes.
- Stick bacon piece into the center of the frosted cupcake.
Recipe originally shared on January 2, 2016.