I keep trying to make some different recipes to shake things up here on the blog. Today we are talking about how to make Pork Bone Broth Recipe! Something pretty different from what we normally share.
Pork Bone Broth
I thought this might be a fun side recipe to share since bone broth is such a big thing right now. Have you ever made bone broth before?
How to make Pork Bone Broth Recipe! Made from leftover pork neck bones, vegetables, and water. This recipe is a lot easier than it sounds like it is going to be!
- pork neck bones, raw
- garlic cloves
- celery stalks
- whole peppercorns
- bay leaves
NOTE: If you prefer an even more in-depth flavor, season the bones beforehand and bake them in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes. Add them to the water along with any baking juices that accumulated while cooking the bones.
You can find pork neck bones at most grocery stores.
Great Soup Recipes
Don't miss these great side dishes to pair with soup.
How to make Pork Bone Broth Recipe
- In a large soup pot, add all your ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer and cover. Let simmer on a low heat for a lengthy period of time, 1- 2 hours or more. Taste for your preference of pork taste and seasoning.
- Periodically, skim any foam that might be floating on the top.
- When cooking time is complete, set a colander over a very large bowl and begin ladling spoonful’s of broth and ingredients into the colander to drain
- When all broth and ingredients are transferred, let cool completely. If the bones were exceptionally meaty, you can choose to pick the meat from the bones and reserve for use later on
- Refrigerate the pork borth and when it completely cools, you can skim any fat that may have risen to the top, but this is totally optional. As they say, fat is flavor!
- Your soup is complete and is ready to use in a multitude of ways. It can be frozen for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Recipe originally shared on March 14, 2017. Updated November 2020.