This Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Pepper Recipe maybe John's new favorite recipe! Provolone and Steakuhm stuffed green peppers make an amazing dinner.
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Pepper Recipe
He told me that between this recipe and the Crescent Braided Cheese Steak Recipe he would be happy if I made them weekly.
This recipe is really easy to make and turned out fantastic! This is going to be my go-to recipe when we have friends over for dinner. It is so easy to make and looks amazing on the plate.
- Green Pepper
- Medium size onion
- Provolone Cheese
- Steak-umm Cheese Steak
Portions are going to depend on how many Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers you are making.
Baking Sheets - We are huge fans of these baking sheets that have sides. You don't have to worry; you are going to remove the peppers from the oven and have the slide right off.
Heat resistant potholders - A couple of years ago we had a fire scare when we didn't realize we had turned a burner on and a cloth potholder caught fire. Thankfully we walked by the kitchen and saw the smoke and were able to get it out ourselves. Since then we have only used these heat-resistant potholders.
1. Cook Steak-umm's with onions in a Skillet
2. Clean out the inside of your green peppers removing all of the seeds.
3. Line the inside of the green pepper with provolone cheese
4. Stuff the Steak Umm and Onion mix into the green pepper until it reaches the top.
5. Cover with ample amounts of provolone cheese
6. Bake. I turn the oven to broil for the last minute or 2 closely watching the cheese to make sure it does not burn
7. Serve and enjoy!
Great Dinner Recipes
Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Pepper Recipe
- 2 Green Pepper
- 1 Onion diced, about ½ cup for 2 peppers
- 4 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 4 slices Steak-umm Cheese Steak
- Cook Steak-umm’s with onions in a Skillet
- Clean out the inside of your green peppers removing all of the seeds.
- Line the inside of the green pepper with provolone cheese
- Stuff the Steak Umm and Onion mix into the green pepper until it reaches the top.
- Cover with ample amounts of provolone cheese
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. I turn the oven to broil for the last minute or 2 closely watching the cheese to make sure it does not burn
- Cookie Sheets
- Frying Pan
Recipe originally shared March 12, 2013, updated March 21, 2020