I love brie! I love strawberries, and I love combining the two of them together which means this Strawberry Brie Braided Crescent Appetizer Recipe is pretty much my new favorite thing.
I could easily eat brie and strawberry jam every day and be happy. When I was in Bangkok last year, the hotel had brie on the breakfast buffet, and I started going earlier and earlier so that I could make sure and get some. I loaded up crackers with brie and jam and had them for breakfast during my trip. If you haven’t tried this, I really need you to at some point soon. Seriously! It is sooooo good.
When Smucker’s reached out and asked if I wanted to try their new Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Fruit Spreads I jumped at the chance. I was instantly hoping that they had a strawberry spread with honey. Because hello yum!
When the package I arrived I may have done a bit of a squeal of happiness to find not only a strawberry Smucker’s Fruit and Honey but also a Strawberry Jalapeno fruit spread. I am trying to convince myself that I like spicy things, so this is the perfect way to introduce a bit of heat from the jalapenos to my favorite strawberry flavor.
The new Smucker’s Fruit & Honey spreads come in five delish flavors! Are you ready for them?
Yum! Yum! Yum! I will confess now to opening each one up that I received and tasted them within moments of the package arriving. I couldn’t help myself.
I love that they are naturally sweetened with honey and have no artificial sweeteners in them. The honey taste is the perfect combination with the fruit spreads. These fruit spreads are perfect not only for a PB&J sandwich but also to bake and cook with.
You can mix them in with your yogurt in the morning, use them with balsamic vinegar to make a salad dressing, bake them into muffins, add them to ice cream, use them as a glaze for meat, or just enjoy them straight from the jar on a spoon. It is up to you how you decide to enjoy them.
Strawberry Brie Braided Crescent Appetizer Recipe
1 Pillsbury Crescent Roll
1 jar of either Smucker’s Strawberry or Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread
1 wheel of brie cheese
1. unroll the Pillsbury Crescent Roll and place on a cookie sheet
2. Cut diagonal lines into the crescent roll that are even on both sides
3. Place brie in the middle and top with Smucker’s fruit spread
4. Fold crescent roll over alternating sides so they overlap
5. Bake according to the directions, i had to add on a couple of minutes just to make sure everything was baked
6. Remove from oven and plate for serving
For a savory addition, you could drizzle some balsamic vinegar on top after it comes out of the oven. Or add in some basil and make it a fun spin on a Caprese appetizer.
You may want to make 2 or 3 of these if you are making them for a party. I will fully admit to enjoying this for dinner and leftovers and not sharing with John it was soooooo good! 🙂
- 1 Pillsbury Crescent Roll
- 1 jar of either Smucker's Strawberry or Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread
- 1 wheel of brie cheese
- unroll the Pillsbury Crescent Roll and place on a cookie sheet
- Cut diagonal lines into the crescent roll that are even on both sides
- Place brie in the middle and top with Smucker's fruit spread
- Fold crescent roll over alternating sides so they overlap
- Bake according to the directions, i had to add on a couple of minutes just to make sure everything was baked
- Remove from oven and plate for serving