I am dreaming of returning to Ireland!
The closer it get’s to St. Patrick’s Day the more I want to be on a plane back to Dublin. We fell madly deeply in love with Ireland while we were there this Fall.
Oh my goodness the people, the sites, the food, the Guinness was all so amazing.
We did learn while we were in Ireland that Corned Beef and Cabbage is not really something that is served in Ireland.
Even knowing this I had to make up a Crock Pot Guinness Corned Beef and Cabbage. It just seemed like the thing to do.
When I think of St. Patrick’s Day I always think of Corned Beef and Cabbage oh and Guinness so why not combine them into one heavenly dish.
Do you think of corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick’s Day?
This recipe makes a ton! I love that I can make other recipes with the left overs.
You can make a killer Guinness Corned Beef grilled cheese sandwich! It is amazing!
Crock Pot Guinness Corned Beef and Cabbage
10 Baby red potatoes, quartered
1 onion, peeled cut into pieces
4 cups of water
4 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
6 ounces of Guinness
1/2 head of cabbage, coarsely chopped
1. Place onions and potatoes in the bottom of the Crock-Pot
2. Pour in water and place brisket on top
3. Pour beer over brisket, It is about a half a can so enjoy the 2nd half as you cook
4. Sprinkle brisket with spices set Crock Pot on high
5. Cook 8 hours on high, 1 hour before serving stir in cabbage pieces and recover crock pot
We have a ton of Crock Pot recipes on the blog. You can see all of them in our Crock Pot Recipe Section . This is one of our favorite recipes to make. Everyone loves this Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe. It is so easy to make and tastes amazing!
Check out our top 10 Crock Pot Recipes
- 10 Baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, peeled cut into pieces
- 4 cups of water
- 4 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 6 ounces of Guinness
- ½ head of cabbage, coarsely chopped
- Place onions and potatoes in the bottom of the Crock-Pot
- Pour in water and place brisket on top
- Pour beer over brisket
- Sprinkle brisket with spices set Crock Pot on high
- Cook 8 hours on high, 1 hour before serving stir in cabbage pieces and re-cover crock pot