Woohoo! You know we had to do a Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe leading up to St. Patrick's Day! Rich, delicious, chocolatey, Guinness goodness in a cupcake.
We would be remiss if we didn't share a fun St. Patricks's Day cupcake!
I can't believe it is already time to think about St. Patrick's Day! I swear it was just the Fourth of July and we were doing Red, White and Blue Cupcakes. Now we are deep into St. Patrick's Day planning!
Ingredients needed to make Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Whole Milk
- Boiling Water
- Guinness Extra Stout, room temp
- Unsalted butter
- Cocoa powder
- Powder sugar
- Heavy cream
- Guinness Stout, room temp
Great Guinness Recipes
If you are preparing for St. Patrick's Day don't miss these other great Guinness Recipes
Guinness Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 ¾ C All Purpose Flour
- 2 C White Sugar
- 1 C Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C Whole Milk
- ½ C Oil
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ C Boiling Water
- ¼ C Guinness Draught Stout Beer room temp
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C Unsalted Butter softened
- ¾ C Cocoa Powder
- 3 C Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- ¾ C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoon Guinness Draught Stout Beer room temp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, whole milk, oil, Guinness Stout, and vanilla.
- Add the bowl containing the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla to the bowl holding the dry ingredients.
- Mix all together until fully incorporated.
- Beat for 3 minutes on medium.
- Slowly add the boiling water starting with a small amount then pour in the remaining boiling water.
- The batter may be a little runny.
- Scoop batter into cupcake paper liners until ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Take out of cupcake pan and place on a wire rack until completely cooled.
Guinness Chocolate Frosting Directions
- Beat the softened butter on its own until smooth.
- Add cocoa and powder sugar alternately with heavy cream into the creamed butter until it becomes a smooth and thick texture.
- Add the Guinness Stout.... Fold in.
- If the frosting is too thick, add more heavy cream, if too thin, add more powder sugar.
- Take a spoon of frosting and turn the spoon upside down and see if the frosting holds to the spoon... if not add more powdered sugar, if so then....
- Scoop frosting into a large pastry bag with a frosting tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push frosting to the tip.
- Frost cupcakes....by starting at the outside edge of the cupcake and work to the center of the cupcake.
Recipe originally shared on February 20, 2016.