Today’s Crock Pot Lemon Dill Chicken Recipe is sooo good if I do say so myself. A great family dinners recipe that is easy to make and everyone will love. For some reason using lemons makes me think of spring and summer. So maybe by using them in this recipe I am willing the sun to come out and the weather to turn amazing.
Is anyone else dreaming of spending time outside and soaking up the sun. I am ready to put our winter clothes away completely and embrace capri pants and Birkenstocks. Who am I kidding I have been wearing my favorite Birkenstocks any day there isn’t snow on the ground or it isn’t pouring down rain. I just love being in sandals!
I know that is probably very random when we are talking about Lemon Dill Chicken but that is how my brain seems to work most days. 🙂
Crock Pot Lemon Dill Chicken Recipe makes great family dinners! Use leftovers in salads for lunch the next day. Serve with pasta or rice.
Crock Pot Lemon Dill Chicken Recipe
5 Chicken breasts
¼ C Dill
¼ C Lemon juice
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Garlic, minced
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
½ C Chicken stock or water
½ Tbsp. Cornstarch
2 Tbsp. Water
1. Cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces
2. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder
3. Put into the slow cooker and add the dill and stock/water, and garlic
4. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7 – 8 hours
5. Take chicken out and set aside
6. Make a slurry of the cornstarch and water
7. Add it to the slow cooker and give it a stir. Add the chicken back to the pot.
8. Cook further for another ½ hour.
9. Serve with rice or pasta
Optional: You can also add approximately ¼ chopped onion to the pot with the chicken when beginning to cook.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
- 5 Chicken breasts
- ¼ C Dill
- ¼ C Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- ½ C Chicken stock or water
- ½ Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Put into the slow cooker and add the dill and stock/water, and garlic
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7 – 8 hours
- Take chicken out and set aside
- Make a slurry of the cornstarch and water
- Add it to the slow cooker and give it a stir. Add the chicken back to the pot.
- Cook further for another ½ hour.
- Serve with rice or pasta