This post was sponsored by S&W Beans as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own
One of my goals for 2018 is to push myself outside my kitchen comfort level. To push myself to try new recipes, to change up recipes that I love and to try recipes that have always scared me or I thought would be crazy hard to make. When S&W Beans asked me to change up a chef-inspired recipe and make it healthier with S&W Black Beans I was all in for this challenge. I spent some time going through cookbooks, Pinterest and other sites trying to decide what recipe I should try and play with. As I was sitting at my desk I kept seeing all of these chocolate recipes and figured why not try and make a Black Bean Brownies recipe.
Black Bean Brownies Recipe
Now that we are in our new house and I actually have a pantry and storage I am so excited to keep more S&W Beans on hand. They are so versatile and a great addition to so many recipes.
I also love that they are a great source of magnesium which lowers your risk of diabetes. My Dad is a diabetic and I really try to do whatever I can to lower our risk of Diabetes. I also read on the S&W website that research shows that people who eat beans weigh less.
I had no idea that eating four servings of beans a week can lower your risk of heart disease by 14%! That is amazing. I really love the idea of incorporating more beans into our diets.
I always use them in soups and chili's but after looking at the S&W Beans Recipe Page I realized there are so many other ways I could be using beans.
The S&W Beans Recipe Page is the perfect place to visit for more great inspiration and ideas for cooking with not only Black Beans but all of the varieties offered by S&W.
Plus you can grab a great S&W Coupon offer right now to help save at the grocery store on your favorite black bean recipes.
What ingredients are needed to make Black Bean Brownies
- Black Beans
- Vegetable oil
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips
- Baking powder
- Confectioners sugar, for dusting on the top
Great Brownies Recipes
Check out all of our Dessert Recipes
Black Bean Brownies Recipe
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9×9 baking pan with butter or cooking spray
- Puree S&W Black Beans in a blender with vegetable oil. Add in eggs, cocoa, sugar, and vanilla
- Melt ¼ cup mini chocolate chips and add to blenderBlend until smooth
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt whisk together
- Add to blender and pulse until incorporated
- Stir in remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips
- Pour into pan and bake for 20 minutes
- Let cool and then dust with confectioners sugar or top with additional mini chocolate chips
Recipe originally shared on March 12, 2018. Updated December 2020.