Did I mention that while my Mom was visiting we made primarily sweet treats!
I am pretty sure the house smelled like a chocolate factory while we were baking up a storm. The neighbors were not upset when I handed out sweet treats for days.
We made Salty and Sweet Ruffles Marshmallow Treats and these Chocolate Coconut Five Layer Bars in the same night.
These Chocolate Coconut Layer Bars are delightful!
I need to get my parents to visit more often so I have my Mom in the kitchen with me. It is so much fun to make a mess together and come up with fun recipes.
She brings a totally different style to the kitchen than I have. She is much more detailed and precise. I tend to toss a bit of this and a bit of that into recipes to see how they taste.
These Chocolate Coconut Five Layer Bars were fun to make. You can move the ingredients around based on who enjoys what. We left pecans off of one corner, less coconut in another corner and more chocolate in another. We were able to base each side of the Five Layer Bars to everyone's preference.
Chocolate Coconut Five Layer Bars
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
1 can condensed milk
1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Melt butter in the microwave and pour into a 9X9 pan
2. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter
3. Evenly pour condensed milk over crumbs
4. Sprinkle the coconut, chocolate chips and pecans over the top
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, let the pan cool before removing bars.
I had to giggle at how precisely my Mom poured in the condensed milk. She made sure that every inch of the pan was nicely coated.
Chocolate Coconut Five Layer BarsPrint Rate
- Melt butter in the microwave and pour into a 9X9 pan
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter
- Evenly pour condensed milk over crumbs
- Sprinkle the coconut, chocolate chips and pecans over the top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, let the pan cool before removing bars.