I am having so much fun making up recipes using the leftover ham. I ended up buying three hams the week before Easter because they were such a great price and freezing them. So far I have made 90 breakfast sandwiches for John that are now in the freezer, I made up this Crock Pot Ham and Cheese Grits Recipe and the Crock Pot Cheesy Ham and Swiss Casserole Recipe from these hams.
So we pretty much have been swimming in ham the past few weeks and it has been fantastic! I love that I can make up the hams using our Crock Pot Ham recipe and use the ham for so many different recipes. I almost wish I would have bought a couple more hams so I could prep more food for the freezer. I have quite a bit of travel coming up in the next few months and really want to make sure John is set up with easy to make meals.
I’ve mentioned a few times that John grew up in the South and I am a tried and true Pacific Northwest girl. The first time I made grits it did not turn out pretty at all. I am not sure what I did to them but they were not pretty. Thankfully over the years of our marriage, I have continued to make them and improve them.
You might also enjoy this crock pot blueberry oatmeal recipe! Great for breakfast!
Pin this recipe so you can easily find it later!
Crock Pot Ham and Cheese Grits Recipe
What ingredients are in Crock Pot Ham and Cheese grits?
8 cups chicken stock
2 cups grits
1 cup ham, chopped
3 tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
How do I make Crock Pot Ham and Cheese Grits?
1. Stir together chicken stock, grits, ham, butter, and Parmesan Cheese.
2. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours stirring occasionally during the cooking process. Make sure you stir the grits otherwise you end up with grit cakes.
3. Garnish with Parmesan Cheese
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups grits
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Stir together chicken stock, grits, ham, butter, and Parmesan Cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours stirring occasionally during the cooking process. Make sure you stir the grits otherwise you end up with grit cakes.
- Garnish with Parmesan Cheese