I am so excited to share with you this recipe for Crock Pot Spinach Lasagna!
I should say seriously yummy, oh so cheesy, spinach lasagna made with Barilla Lasagne pasta and sauce but well that is quite a mouthful to put in a title.
Crock Pot Spinach Lasagna
I love lasagna and I love my crockpot so combining them seemed like the perfect choice .......and it was!
Oh my goodness this crockpot vegetarian lasagna recipe is delicious! I mean seriously delicious! I may end up making this weekly from now on!
The crockpot does all of the work and you get to serve a decadent, cheesy, yummy lasagna that looks like you spent hours on it...But you didn't
- Barilla® Lasagne
- Pasta sauce
- Fresh spinach
- Ricotta Cheese
- Italian Spices
- Mozzarella Cheese
Hello Yum! This Crock Pot Spinach Lasagna is sooooooo good!
The combination of the Barilla® Pasta Sauce having ah-mazing flavor, the spinach, and oh the cheese makes each bite a wonderfully blissful experience.
I love that I can serve over a half a pound of spinach and no one thinks anything of it. They just ask for seconds and can't wait for leftovers
- I use 2 different types of Barilla® Sauce. I use Marinara for the base sauce and then the final layer I use the Roasted Garlic Barilla Pasta Sauce. I love the combination of the two flavors as you bite into the lasagna
-The spinach will wilt down and shrink as the crockpot lasagna cooks. Don't worry if it looks like you have a gigantic lasagna that is filling your crockpot. After 3 hours it has cooked down into perfect yummy layers
-You do not need to pre-cook the Barilla® Lasagne sheets before placing them in the crockpot. Just place them in as they come out of the box and they will get soft as the lasagna cooks.
Great Crockpot Dinner Recipes
Check out all of our vegetarian crockpot recipes.
Crock Pot Spinach Lasagna
- Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray
- Pour your favorite Pasta Sauce on the bottom of the crockpot so there is a nice layer, not to thick but fully covered
- Layer your Barilla® Lasagne sheets over the Pasta Sauce. Mine end up looking like abstract art but I really like to add in as much Barilla® Lasagne pasta as I possibly can.
- Combine your Italian herbs with your ricotta cheese.
- Spread ½ of the ricotta cheese mixture on top of the Barilla Lasagne sheets
- Put ½ of your fresh spinach on top of your ricotta cheese mixture
- Repeat these layers 1-2 more times depending on the size of your crock pot.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 3 hours. Add the final layer of mozzarella and continue to cook 1 more hour
Recipe originally shared on December 11, 2013. Updated September 2020.