We are gearing up for Thanksgiving and trying all kinds of new recipes to hopefully make life a little easier when it comes to holiday prep. Today’s Loaded Slow Cooker Crock Pot Mashed Cauliflower Recipe is the perfect side dish for any meal!
The slow cooker does almost all the work and you get a delicious vegetable side your family will love. You can leave off the cheese if you are going for a healthier version.
Easy recipe for Crock Pot Mashed Cauliflower loaded with garlic and cheese. You can leave the cheese off to make a healthy version if you like. This slow cooker comfort food is the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas or a family dinner.
One of my favorite ways to stress less for the holidays is to use as many crock pot as possible. I love not having to set up timers for getting things in and out of the oven. I talked to a friend who set up an excel spreadsheet to track which dishes went into the oven at specific times. This sounds like a complete nightmare to me. I love making Crock Pot Thanksgiving Recipes as much as possible. It just makes life so much easier knowing that everything is cooking on its own.
I love this Crock Pot Turkey Curry Recipe for leftover turkey! It is so good!
Loaded Crock Pot Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
1 HEAD Cauliflower, leaves stripped and cut into medium/small florets
3 tsp garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp rosemary
½ C sour cream
½ C cheddar cheese, shredded
3 pcs bacon
1 large green onion, chopped
1 tsp Montreal steak spice, optional
1. Place cauliflower florets in the slow cooker bowl.
2. Add the rosemary, garlic cloves, Montreal steak spice, and water.
3. Cook on low for 5 -6 hours or until the cauliflower is VERY soft.
4. Drain any liquid/water off from the cauliflower and the slow cooker bowl
5. Add the most of the sour cream, most of the bacon and cheese, and most of the chopped green onion. You want to reserve a small amount of each for garnish.
6. Mash the cauliflower until you get a very mashed consistency.
7. Garnish the cauliflower with shredded cheese, bacon bits, and sour cream.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
This recipe was originally shared in October 2016 and updated in November 2017
- 1 HEAD Cauliflower leaves stripped and cut into medium/small florets
- 3 tsp garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 C water
- ½ C sour cream
- ½ C cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 pcs bacon
- 1 large green onion chopped
- 1 tsp Montreal steak spice optional
Place cauliflower florets into the slow cooker bowl.
Add the rosemary, garlic cloves, montreal steak spice and water.
Cook on low for 5 -6 hours or until the cauliflower is VERY soft.
Drain any liquid/water off from the cauliflower and the slow cooker bowl
Add the most of the sour cream, most of the bacon and cheese, and most of the chopped green onion. You want to reserve a small amount of each for garnish.
Mash the cauliflower until you get a very mashed consistency.
Garnish the cauliflower with shredded cheese, bacon bits and sour cream.