Does your family have a recipe that they ask you to make over and over again?
In our house it is Stroganoff. My dear Husband loves stroganoff. I am not sure love is a strong enough term for how much John enjoys a great plate of Stroganoff. I thought I would change things up a bit and make Crock Pot Steak Stroganoff as a treat for John.
The weather in Spokane is well frigid and downright cold. We are diving headfirst into winter and neither of us are very excited at the thought process. I am not ready for snow, ice and all the yuckiness that comes with winter but it is here so I am doing my best to get through it.
I decided that if it is going to be cold and nasty than I would make the house smell amazing and cook up some comfort food. This Crock Pot Steak Stroganoff is definitely comfort food! Thick, hearty and oh so delicious! Plus as a bonus it is super easy to make!
The hardest part of this recipe is the waiting while your house smells amazing!
But it is so worth it when you dish up a big ole platter of Crock Pot Steak Stroganoff!
Crock Pot Steak Stroganoff Recipe
2 tbsp Flour
1 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
2 pounds chuck roast, cut into 1 1/2 in cubes
1 can cream of mushroom soup, 10 3/4 oz
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 cups chopped onions
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup mushrooms, quartered
1 cup sour cream
Egg Noodles or cooked rice
1. Combine flour, pepper and garlic salt in crock pot
2. Place beef cubes in the flour mix and toss until meat is well coated
3. Combine Cream of Mushroom, water, Worcestershire sauce, onions and garlic in bowl stirring until well combined
4. Stir soup mix into beef cubes in crock pot
5. Cook on low for 6-7 hours
6. Stir in mushrooms and sour cream, cover and cook for 10 additional minutes
Serve over hot egg noodles or rice
Crock Pot Steak Stroganoff RecipePrint Rate
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 pounds chuck roast cut into 1 1/2 in cubes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup 10 3/4 oz
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup mushrooms quartered
- 1 cup sour cream
- Egg Noodles or cooked rice
- Combine flour, pepper and garlic salt in crock pot
- Place beef cubes in the flour mix and toss until meat is well coated
- Combine Cream of Mushroom, water, Worcestershire sauce, onions and garlic in bowl stirring until well combined
- Stir soup mix into beef cubes in crock pot
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours
- Stir in mushrooms and sour cream, cover and cook for 10 additional minutes
- Serve over hot egg noodles or rice
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set 'n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes.