Hello YUM! Seriously YUM!!!!
This Crock Pot Salisbury Steak Recipe is so gooooooooood! The perfect blend of steak and mushrooms to make a hearty filling delicious crock pot meal. You all know we love using our slow cooker to make delicious dinners and this one is a new favorite!
I have a feeling this Crock Pot Salisbury Steak Recipe will be frequently made in our house from now on. It combines John’s favorite things of steak and mushrooms.
This recipe is sort of similar to John’s other favorite this Crock Pot Porter Stroganoff Recipe. There is just something about how the slow cooker cooks the steak that makes these recipes amazing.
Crock Pot Salisbury Steak Recipe
2 lbs ground beef
½ onion, chopped
1 can mushrooms, stems and pieces
1 can cream of mushroom soup, condensed
¼ c seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 packet onion soup mix
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 C water
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1. In a bowl, mix the beef, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion soup mix, and onions. Mix together until incorporated.
2. Measure the mixture in ½ C amounts, and form into patties. Fry in a pan until browned on both sides.
3. Carefully stack in the slow cooker. In a container, mix the gravy mix, water and mushrooms. Pour on top of the patties and cover.
4. Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours.
5. After cook time is complete, remove the patties from the cooker, and make a slurry of the cornstarch with 1 tbsp of water. Pour into the cooker and mix well.
6. Return patties to the mixture and cook for an extra ½ hour for the sauce to thicken.
Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes