Can I confess something..I don't really like tomatoes. It's true so this Slow Cooker Crock Pot Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe may come as a bit of a surprise but my dear husband John LOVES them.
Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
He will happily eat tomatoes straight from the vine in the summer. Don't get me wrong I love salsa, marina sauce, and things made with tomatoes I just have a hard time with whole tomatoes. I don't know what it is.
This crockpot Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe makes me feel like it is still summer and we are picking fresh tomatoes from the garden.
When I asked John how to describe this recipe his response was...they are stuffed with cheese and breadcrumbs and they are tomatoes what isn't there to love.
LOL! He just giggled and asked when I would be making this recipe again.
These cheese-stuffed tomatoes are a great side dish or the perfect summer dinner. I love that they take less than 30 minutes to prepare and then the slow cooker does all the work.
They are similar to the stuffed bell peppers and Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers we shared a while ago.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Large tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Pecorino romano cheese - You can also use Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh basil
- Flat-leaf parsley
- Broth, chicken or vegetable
Great Slow Cooker Recipes
If you love slow cooker recipes check out a few of our favorites. Don't miss all of our easy vegetarian crockpot meals.
Crock Pot Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe
Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Crock Pot Meat Lovers Queso Dip Recipe
Crockpot Beef and Bacon Chili Recipe
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
- Olive Oil
- 3 large tomatoes halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups Bread Crumbs
- 1 ½ cups Pecorino romano cheese
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoon flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- ½ cup broth chicken or vegetable
- Pour ¼ cup of olive oil into the crock pot, brush up the sides with the oil
- Arrange tomatoes halves in the crock pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, basil and parsley in a bowl
- Top each of the tomatoes with the bread crumb mixture, drizzle with olive oil
- Pour broth into crock pot, not directly over the tomatoes
- Cover and cook for 1 hour on high, baste with pan juices
- Cover and cook for 1 hour on high, until tomatoes are tender
Recipe originally shared November 29, 2017
Leave a Reply