Today we are sharing updated photos of this Slow Cooker Crock Pot Tex Mex Chicken Recipe! Wow! This recipe was first shared back in December of 2011. Looking back at it I have to admit I cringe a bit at the teeny tiny photo that was here. Thankfully now that it is 2018 we have learned a few things about taking food photos.
Crock Pot Tex-Mex Chicken
This Crock Pot Tex-Mex Chicken can be served over rice, shredded into tacos or burritos, or really any way that sounds good. Super easy Crock Pot Tex Mex Chicken Recipe is perfect for taco night, family dinners, or nachos! Add some sour cream, black beans, and ground beef and you have the perfect slow cooker recipe for Mexican Night at home!
I love how easy it is to make this recipe with the slow cooker! Plus it is quick to prep so you are not spending all of your time in the kitchen. My goal with all of our crockpot recipes is to save you time, energy, and hopefully a bit of money with dinner.
- Chicken breast
- Italian dressing of your choice, we used creamy balsamic
- Tomatoes with green chilis
- Garlic minced
- Onion powder
Great Chicken Recipes
Check out all of our slow cooker chicken recipes.
Crock Pot Tex Mex Chicken Recipe
- Stab chicken a couple times with a fork.
- Put chicken and dressing in a ziplock bag, marinate for 15-20 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot, turn on low.
- Add marinaded chicken to crock pot, discard remaining marinade.
- Put on the lid and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Serve with rice or side of your choice, or in tacos, burritos or on nachos!
- Slow cooker
Recipe originally shared in December 2011. Updated December 2020.