There is nothing quite like a delicious PB&J sandwich! So easy to make, so delicious and they bring back memories of growing up. Today I am excited to share a new version of a PB&J Sandwich....this Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake Recipe!
Plus it is crazy easy to make which you all know I love!
I have to confess that I love the Olympics! John knows that we will be staying home during the Olympics and that the opening ceremony is one of my favorite things in the world. Seeing so many athletes who have dedicated their life to their sport walking into a stadium and living a moment they have dreamed of brings me to tears every time!
The hours, love, dedication, pain and energy that has gone into that single moment are beyond measure. They truly dedicate their entire lives to being the best they can be and representing their country. I get chills just thinking about it and writing this post.
Smucker's has teamed up with Olympic gold medalist gymnast Shawn Johnson, Olympic gold medalist swimmer Conor Dwyer and Aly Raisman, two-time Olympic gold medalist, to show their support and help raise funds for Team USA! Between now and August 31, 2016, every time you tweet using #PBJ4TeamUSA and #PromoEntry Smucker’s will donate $1 to the U.S. Olympic Committee in support of our athletes and future U.S. Olympic hopefuls and you’ll be entered for a chance to win one of 18 Grand Prizes.
How cool is that! Such a simple thing that can have huge impacts on our USA Olympic Team!
Did you know that unlike most National Olympic Committees, the USOC does not receive government funding, so it relies on the support of all of us! Funds raised by the USOC help prepare our athletes on and off the field.
How to enter:
- Follow @Smuckers on Twitter
- Tweet a message about Team USA and Smucker’s and include “@Smuckers” and the hashtags #PBJ4TeamUSA and #promoentry
- Example tweet - With every hashtag
#PBJ4TeamUSA @smuckers will be donating $1 to Team USA! #PromoEntry
See official promotion rules here smuckers.com/olympics/pbj4teamusa
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake Recipe
2 White Cake mixes - follow instructions on the box to make 2 square cakes.
1 Jar Smuckers Jam, in your choice of delicious flavors
Peanut Butter frosting
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy JIF Peanut Butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
1. Bake cake mixes according to box directions and let them cool
2. Cream softened butter and peanut butter together
3. Add in 2 cups powdered sugar and blend, blend in milk and vanilla
4. Add in remaining powdered sugar and blend until smooth
5. Place 1st layer of cake on a serving platter and spread Smuckers Jam through the middle
6. Place 2nd layer on top and ice with Peanut Butter Icing
The squeeze bottle of Smucker's Natural Jam worked out great for making this cake! I really liked that I could easily make sure the edges of the cake had jam on them and then squeeze it across the rest of the cake.
I received product samples for review purposes. Opinions are my own.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake RecipePrint Rate
- Bake cake mixes according to box directions and let them cool
- Cream softened butter and peanut butter together
- Add in 2 cups powdered sugar and blend, blend in milk and vanilla
- Add in remaining powdered sugar and blend until smooth
- Place 1st layer of cake on a serving platter and spread Smuckers Jam through the middle
- Place 2nd layer on top and ice with Peanut Butter Icing