How to make delicious Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies from scratch. These cookies are an amazing twist on classic peanut butter and jelly.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
I love holiday baking!
When the house smells like sweet treats, the holiday music is playing and I am ignoring the pile of dishes I am in my happy place.
There is just nothing quite like baking treats for friends and family. I love surprising family and friends with wonderful treats they can enjoy during the holidays.
This year I decided to make Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies.
How can you go wrong taking our favorite childhood sandwich and updating it into a sweet treat. Plus you can do so many varieties just by changing out the jelly flavors!
Pre warning these cookies are good! I mean seriously you may need to make 2 batches so you have some good
Here is our favorite new cookie recipe!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Peanut butter
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
We used strawberry jelly but you could use any flavor you like.
Great Cookie Recipes
Coconut Pineapple Drop Cookies
Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- 1 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter room temp
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg large
- 1 ¼ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl, stir to combine
- Beat butter until creamy in a large mixing bowl, add in sugar and the brown sugar until fluffy and well combined
- Beet in peanut butter until combined. Add in egg and vanilla and beat until combined
- Stir in flour mixture until well combined
- Form into balls and use your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon to make an indentation in the top
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Allow to cool before spooning on your favorite jelly.
- We used strawberry jelly but you could use any flavor you like.
Recipe originally posted on December 4, 2014. Updated September 2020
Oh my goodness, I love this idea. They sound perfect for everyone in my family. Thanks for sharing...
My kids would love those cookies. They are made with such fun ingredients and we love PB and J.
Holiday baking really is the best! What a fun treat and beautiful presentation!
I love peanut butter and jelly, and I love cookies. I'm pretty sure this is the best cookie recipe I've ever seen. Thanks!
Those look amazing. The only thing better than a cookie is a PB&J cookie!
I make a similar recipe with potato chip cookies and they're absolutely delicious. I can never have too many cookie recipes to try!
PB&J's are one of my favorite sandwiches. I can't wait to try it in cookie form with your recipe. It looks delish!
Peanut butter and jelly is a great combination and I bet these cookies are delicious. They also sound easy to make which is perfect for someone who is especially busy this time of year. Your use of the SOLO paper plates with the red bow is super cute!